Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Extra Character Being Added in Commenter’s Name

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    hkp
    Participant

Hi Folks,

It was pointed out to me by a user that his name we being changed in the comment title box.

He typed in “John Doe” and got “John+Doe” showing.

The photo below shows this.  A sample link https://www.hiskingdomprophecy.com/the-gideon-warriors-of-jesus-the-water-test/

I tested it today on that URL using a couple of different browsers – mobile and desktop- but I could not duplicate the error and on checking, not all two-part names gave this error. The user who let me know about it, uses a mobile browser.

I cleaned things up and deleted all the extra “+” characters and found they went back to July 22.  So the issue started then.

Just now I got in a new comment on that same post and again the extra character appears in the name: “Mark+Berger”  Normally he does not use the +.

Any thoughts?

Regards and thanks,

Angus

Reference Mobile Screen Capture: 

scrambler

@weaver will have to comment

Weaver
    Keymaster

Do you require users to create an account to comment?

Weaver
    Keymaster

I have no idea at all. I left some test comments on your site – please don’t approve them, and did no see any +. I have no idea. All the comment code is strictly handled by WordPress, not the theme.

hkp
    Participant

@weaver

Thank you.  I have deleted your test comments  🙂

To your question, commenters do not need to have an account and so anyone can leave a comment.  They are not signed-in.

FYI, immediately before you, “Yanchun+Feng” commented again and got his extra +…..

I shall pass this along to WP for their perusal.

Thank again for your help.  Much appreciated. I will call this closed.

Regards and thanks,
    Angus

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.