Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Error message trying to update my Weaver Extreme Plus plugin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    elirnerak
    Participant

Hi, I got an update notification for my site today and when I tried to update the plugin Weaver Xtreme Plus I got a failure message.

The update notification says:

Weaver Xtreme PlusYou have version 3.1.1 installed. Update to 4.0. View version 4.0 details.
    Compatibility with WordPress 5.5.1: Unknown

The failure message is:

An error occurred while updating Weaver Xtreme Plus: Download failed. Unauthorized

I am not sure how to proceed! Any suggestions welcome. Thanks!

elirnerak
    Participant

I think it’s because my developer may have typed in the wrong address when she was upgrading the site from Weaver II Pro. I logged in and noticed the URL is for some intermediary cloned site that does not exist now. But I can’t figure out how to change it. I have been paying for the updates and renewed in March, but it looks like we’re stuck on an earlier iteration of the theme.

scrambler

” I logged in and noticed the URL is for some intermediary cloned site”

Where do you see that?

elirnerak
    Participant
    elirnerak
    Participant

So I can download the plugin from that Weaver Extreme Plus page but it will not update properly

scrambler

Sorry, I am not quite following. @weaver will have to chime in.

If the link to auto update is corrupted, I am not sure what is the best way to fix it, apart from deleting the plugin and reinstalling / activating it

Weaver
    Keymaster

Try going to the shop.weaverthme.com -> Your Account -> Your Licenses page, then click the Manage Sites link. That should show you both your license key, and any sites that have been activated. You can deactivate any incorrectly activated sites from that interface. You do need to activate any specific site from that site on the Dashboard -> Appearance -> Xtreme Plus -> Activate License Key page, and use the license key to activate.

Renewal notices are based on the email associated with the license. Update notices are associated with the plugin.

I’m not positive if expired licenses get the WP update available notice or not.

Skippy
    Participant

I had the same problem on some sites.  What worked for me was:

Appearance -> Xtreme Plus -> Activate License Key -> Deactivate License on the site

then

Clear All License Settings (on same page)

then

reentered my license key and hit ‘update license key’

This worked on multiple sites that were having this problem.

scrambler

Thank you for contributing a fix!

Skippy
    Participant

It’s not often I know how to fix something so I figured I better jump in.  *ha*

elirnerak
    Participant

Thanks everyone! It’s working now. 💙

barbeluk1
    Participant

I’m having the same issue on multiple sites.

scrambler

@barbeluk1 have you followed either weaver or skippy methods?

Weaver
    Keymaster

It is best if you can get the Auto Update to work.

I’m not sure why clearing the settings from your shop license manage page, then re-activating from your site works, but it seems to for several people so far.

I think it is possible that trying to manage one license key over several sites is subject to unintentional errors on the part of the user, or even the license validator.

But, I’m pretty sure that as long as you still have an unexpired and valid license key, you can always go to the shop site, download the latest .zip version of the plugin, and manually update it. This has become much easier since WP 5.5 which allows you to upload any version of a theme or plugin to replace the existing one on your site.

After you do that, check the License tab from the Dashboard Appearance -> Xtreme Plus menu. If it is invalid, you should be able to reauthorize from your site with your valid key.

I’m not sure that the licensing plugin we use – Easy Digital Downloads – is the best. It certainly does not make it as easy to manage your licenses as some other tools, but it was the best tool available at the time, and I can’t imagine how to switch to a different tool and still maintain existing license keys, so I guess we have to do the best we can.

barbeluk1
    Participant

Yes – it seems to have worked on the sites I’ve updated so far.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.