Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Error message converting to weaver extreme

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Guido_Piket
    Participant

Hi all,

I have recently inherated the admin role of the local toy library website. I have updated everything wordpress wise (5.4), except for the theme which is still Weaver II (and functional). I installed extreme and now I want to convert using the plugin.

I have created both a w2b and w2t file from the weaver II situation , but when I want to use either of them to convert I get the wrong format error. I have no clue how I can fix this.

scrambler

First, have you followed the detailed article of the procedure to convert the site from WII to Xtreme below

Converting a Weaver II (Pro) or Aspen site to Weaver Xtreme

If so, tell us exactly what step and the exact message you are getting.

Also if not already done, with weaver II activated, have you tried redownloading the w2b file, and what computer / browser are you using to do that, as on some configuration you could have your system downloading in the wrong format.

@weaver
    I seem to remember someone else getting a format error once, do you remember what was the issue?

Guido_Piket
    Participant

Done everything from the instruction and I am now here:

2 B- Then in the Main Plugin page Tools > Weaver Converter > Conversion option section, you can browse to the w2b setting file you just downloaded, and click “Upload convert theme/backup” to convert the setting file.

As soon I do this I get the message the upload file is in the wrong format. I retried with a newly downloaded w2b file as well as with a W2T file, as I hope I would at least have something, but no joy. Same message.

Edit: I am using Chrome version 81.0.4044.113 on 64-bit Windows 10 machine

scrambler

If you have an online folder you could post the w2b file there so @weaver could download it and see it he can spot what is wrong with it.

Also what is the weaver II version you are running to generate the file?

Below is a download page for the latest versions of the old theme, if not running the latest, you can first update the old weaver II to generate the file using the last version

https://weavertheme.com/archive-downloads/

Guido_Piket
    Participant

Hi Scrambler,

I have weaver II 2.2.4. As far as I know that is the latest or should I get the theme extras?

Anyway the w2b file and the w2t files are here

Hope you guys can figure it out.

scrambler

@weaver would have to look at it. On my side when I open it, it looks similar to one of mine.

So all I can think of is that one of the options inside is corrupted, but I have no way to validate or fix that.

Do you have a link to the site you are trying to convert. Depending on the complexity, it may not be worth bothering with the option file, and just redo the styling in xtreme.

Guido_Piket
    Participant

Sorry for my late reply, the site is here: https://www.deknikkerpot.nl/

It’s in Dutch so textwise it’s probably useless to you 🙂

scrambler

Link is not valid

Guido_Piket
    Participant

It was/is. Hosting provider updated php to 7.4.2 which for some reason my site can’t handle.. I reverted to 7.3.14 and now it’s working again.

scrambler

Your site does not use any fancy custom layouts, so I think once you have done all the conversions, just missing the option file would not be a huge issue.

You could easily re implement the styling using Xtreme options. Pick a sub theme that is the closest layout and go from there.

Remember you can switch back and forth between the two themes while doing that.

Guido_Piket
    Participant

Well, I activated extreme after screenshotting my settings. For some reason I am running into issues with my menu’s (altough I checked settings and they appear to be the same), as I can see all the options insteads of the menu headers (which should fold out).

Also the random loading of my banners is not happening, I keep seeing the snowy tree. And the background colour isn’t blue (yet).

I left the site as it is now, will revert back to weaver II my tomorrow. Maybe you guys know what I am doing wrong.

scrambler

For your menu, do you have a custom menu defined in Appearance menu that has the menu structure you want, and if so is that custom menu allocated to the primary (or secondary) Xtreme menu.

In Appearance > menu, select your custom menu, make sure it looks as you want, and check the primary / secondary allocation at the bottom

Random header images are set in the Customizer, what do you have there ?

Customize > Images > Header Media (images) > Do you have all your images loaded and clicked the randomize uploaded headers option?

Guido_Piket
    Participant

In weaver II the menu looks exactly the same in the appearance menu and has primary assigned to it. I activated extreme, menu is the same but primary was not tagged. After tagging and saving I refreshed the page but nothing happened. The menu options are still all over the site.

After I log off from the site and log back in, the box I ticked for primary has become unticked again.

I am not sure but I am getting the feeling it has something to do with wordpress 5.4. I also have issues logging in: every time I do, using the admin account I get asked to confirm the password. When I do, I get the login page again. When I re-enter my password (I use lastpass so I know it is correct) I end up with confirming and logging in again. Ad infinitum.

Guido_Piket
    Participant

Some other minor/major things I noticed with this theme: the customizer keeps loading ad infinitum  and the options interface level is not remembered. I think this is a cookies/browser issue, but I can’t seem to fix it. Any clue in Chrome?

scrambler

You seem to have an installation issue as none of what you describe is normal.

Two things to try.

First, save your Xtreme settings in the save & restore page and download a copy locally

Switch back to Weaver II, then delete Weaver Xtreme Theme as well as the Weaver Xtreme Theme support plugin.

Then reinstall latest fresh versions from wordpress.org.

If you are still having issues, try deactivating all non weaver plugins, just to make sure there is not an interference somewhere.

Second, Read the Guide article below. I know it mentions the customizer but its content also applies to a lot of configuration problems, especially setting that do not stick either in customize or the legacy admin. Verify and test every suggestion (especially memory and variables)

https://guide.weavertheme.com/settings-wont-save-from-customizer/

Once you have done all that if you are still having issues, copy paste the content of the System Info from the help page here

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.