Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Error changing Footer Text

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dan_C_W
    Participant

When trying to change text in the footer area, I get the following error:  “An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server. This error was generated by Mod_Security.”

I’m just trying to update this to “2020”:  “

© 2013-2019 Dan and Anita Watson

I have successfully completed this update on several other sites I manage that use Weaver Xtreme.

Any clues would be appreciated!  I’d be surprised if this is a Weaver issue, but …

scrambler

@weaver will have to comment

koningdesign
    Participant

Yes, I am getting the same error in Footer HTML. It is not allowing me to save edited content or code.

SEE ERROR below:

“Not Acceptable! An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server. This error was generated by Mod_Security.”

Thanks for your help.

scrambler

It looks like you have a plugin named mod-security that restrict you from making changes.

Try deactivating the plugin.

If that is it, then look for ways you can enable changes or speak with the plugin developer

Weaver
    Keymaster

The actual definition of the copyright text is contained in a standard WordPress database option.

I have no idea how that could cause any error, but I agree that there is something happening with whatever Mod_Security is. That could be a plugin, but I also think that can come from your hosting server settings. But this almost certainly is not related to the theme.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.