Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Entire Website Shifting left to right on Desktop and Mobile?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Leigh2018
    Participant

Hello again,

I seem to probably missing something obvious. Sorry if so. But no matter what I do I can’t seem to figure out why some sites I build with Weaver Xtreme shift from left to right on desktop and mobile. I leave the default width and don’t use stretch. Have tried to use Stretch to see if that stops the shifting. By shifting I mean some of the words and pictures are off to the right side, even off the screen until moving the page to the left.

This happens whether I make a block “full” or “wide” width.

Is there a way to make sure that the width of the site – no matter what block width is used – doesn’t fall of the right and have to be shifted on desktop and mobile both?

Private Reply
    Leigh2018
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    scrambler

I only see what you describe when the site first open and you have that popup window over it.

Once the popup is gone, the site is fine and does not scroll horizontally.

Is that what you see, and if so, I suspect something is up with the Popup window

Leigh2018
    Participant

No … actually I am seeing it happen all the time. The pop up is set to happen through Mailchimp only when someone moves their cursor to a new window (upon leaving the site) and so if I keep the cursor in the site window it shifts, and even if I don’t and the window pops up and I exit that pop up it still shifts.

Same story with the cookie pop up at the bottom – still shifts after I click it away.

Does this on my desktop, two different laptops, a galaxy s10, and an iPhone.

Private Reply
    Leigh2018
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    scrambler

I still do not have the issue when there is no popup and I have tried Edge, Chrome, and Firefox.

• Have you checked the site when not logged into the admin?
    • What browser are you seeing that in?
    • Have you tried different browser / computer?

That said, while I have a popup over the site, I was able to trace the issue to one specific block, which is the last one with TRAVELS TIMES 2 Subscribe to our Email, get the latest update
    What type of block is this?

There appear to have interference between a right and left padding and the full width CSS. If I remove the right and left padding, the problem seem to go away.

Try to do that and see what happens

Weaver
    Keymaster

I don’t know if you fixed the issue, right now (time of this post – 12:00 noon Mountain Daylight Time), your site is loading very very slowly. Takes over a minute for the top header image to load. I’m not having speed issues with other sites, so I’m pretty sure it is your site.

Leigh2018
    Participant

Hi @weaver and @scrambler,

I checked right after your replies and the load speed was much better. We use SiteGround they are doing major upgrades so it might have been that. Also during the US lockdown, I think everyone is on the web all day at the same time!

Regarding the shifting site problem, Scrambler, I think you were onto something. We used Ultimate Addons Blocks plugin. We used the advanced columns block on “full width”.

We had to set the padding to 5 on the left and 0 on the right to reduce most of the shift. Would think it was the plugin except that I didn’t use that plugin on the other sites that did this AND it does it with the plain Gutenberg Columns block but there are no settings to change the padding.

Thankfully that did it. Thanks!!

scrambler

Padding can definitely cause an issue with the full width script, it should normally be at zero for left and right.

If you run into a block where you cant change it, post here and we can give you CSS to remove it

Leigh2018
    Participant

Thanks. I appreciate that very much.
    The weirdest thing about it I think is that the defaults are 20 on left and right must be because they don’t think most people will go to full width, but that’s the trend and many of my clients want it. So glad to know I wasn’t doing something wonky. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.