Home Forums Designer Blocks for Gutenberg embed-ly into Gutenberg block?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Weaver 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

MercuryProject
    Participant

embed-ly (https://app.embed.ly) has a service which in which you give it a website url, and it encapsulates it.. not the right term?… and, it creates an “embed code” which shows in the form of a card.

I was thinking this would be perfect for some uses in a G-Block.

This is the code it gave me for a random tab I copied the URL and asked for the code.

<h4>Listening Engine – Content Discovery Platform for Curation Suite™</h4>

Using the Curation Suite™ Listening Engine is like having a expert team of full time content assistants scouring the web 24 hours a day, 7 days a week giving you prime, hot, & trending click-worthy traffic generating content to curate, publish, and share.

<script async src=”//cdn.embedly.com/widgets/platform.js” charset=”UTF-8″></script>

Would this be appropriate and such in a G-Block and, if so, the method to putting it in using the Weaver plugin?

The first use would be potentially for some data on an updated site that puts the daily info up in a way I can’t seem to scrape get a feed or scrape. (https://dashboard.securingdemocracy.org/) but, if it looks right, it may be what I use to send out in Social Media…

Weaver
    Keymaster

You can add shortcodes to a Designer Block for Gutenberg, but not scripts. The script example you provided would load a script, but would not display anything. It could be loaded into your <head> section. I don’t know anything about that service, or exactly what code you would put to show it on a page.

But whatever you would enter onto a standard WP page should also work in a DB for Gutenberg if it is normal text or a shortcode.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.