Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Elementor and Weaver Xtreme Theme conflicting

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Weaver 6 days, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Maureen
    Participant

On this test site: http://thefilmscript.com  I have installed Weaver X Plus 3.1.1  and Weaver X 4.1 and a Child theme. I am also on PHP 7.0.

I also have Elementor and Elementor Pro installed.

I am having issues where Elementor is getting hung up and will not open a page for me to update or even create. It happens frequently enough where I cannot update several pages.

After following directions on the Elementor forum, I deactivated all plugins — same problem. I then switched from Weaver X to 2017 theme. I was able to access the page using Elementor. I activated all the plugins and everything continued to work with Elementor.

Finally, I switched back to Weaver X from 2017, and the problem popped up again. I cannot update pages using Elementor. So it appears to be a Weaver X theme issue. First one I have ever had.

Hope we can fix this. Thanks, as always, for your help.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Does it happen without Elementor Pro disabled?

Do you have Gutenberg installed/enabled?

Which version of WP

Is it with all of you Elementor pages?

When you view the page, do you see the “Edit with Elementor” at the bottom of the page, or on the Admin bar at the top? Is that when the Elementor page fails to load?

I have my own test site setup with several Elementor elements included – not all by any means – and I don’t have any issues.

Maureen
    Participant

Yes, it occurs with Elementor Pro Disabled.

Gutenburg is not installed

WP version is  4.9.8

Does not all Elementor pages all the time. There may be an Elementor page that did not work yesterday but worked today. Today I could not get into and start a new elementor page. It comes and goes on the pages.

When I view the page, the “Edit with Elementor” appears at the bottom. It does not load then, and it does not load when I am in all Pages, select the page I want,  and click on “edit with Elementor”.

Private Reply

Weaver
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Private Reply

Maureen
    Participant
    Private Reply

Weaver
    Keymaster
    Private Reply

Maureen
    Participant

Weaver
    Keymaster

I gave it a look.

Some notes:

• Your site seems very slow.
    • I loaded several Elementor pages with success. Took a long time to load, but all but the one in the link above seemed to work.
    • When I loaded the bad page, I ended up giving up on the elementor load. I tried to load it into the classic editor, which you should be able to do with any elementor page, and it looked to be empty. Must be something there, but if there is something, it must be corrupted. As far as I know, there is no direct interaction between Weaver and Elementor.
    • You don’t seem to be using any features of WP Edit – it does mess a bit with the editor, so if you aren’t using in, I’d recommend disabling.
    • I’m a bit stumped.

Given you’ve installed the Classic Editor and blocked the Block Editor (Gutenberg), there should be little difference in how WP works.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.