Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Duplicate Search Box Magnifying Glass

Topic Resolution: Answered
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Answered
    GR8FL
    Participant

This seems to happen on iOS phones and tablets where two magnifying glasses appear. Not sure if this affects Android. It doesn’t happen on my Windows desktop.

Thanks.

scrambler

Site link?

Remember there are various options for search, like search on header, search on menu bar… so if you activate more than one that would explain it

GR8FL
    Participant

It’s on all my sites. See sidebar widget on Hattie’s Garden, for example. While not showing on desktop, on iPad or iPhone it shows two magnifying glasses next to Search For. There’s no other search option on the site.

scrambler

Given it does not do this on windows, I can’t test it, @weaver would have to have a look.

quietLion
    Participant

Here is a screenshot off an iPhone 13. I can’t find a way to inspect the element on the iPhone to see what is happening, but here is html from the iPhone (which looks fine):

<aside id=”search-3″ class=”widget widget_search m-font-size font-roboto widget-1 widget-first widget-first-vert widget-odd”><form role=”search” method=”get” class=”search-form” action=”https://hattiesgarden.com/”&gt;
    <label for=”search-form-1″>
    Search for:
    <input type=”search” id=”search-form-1″ class=”search-field” placeholder=”Search for:” value=”” name=”s”>
    </label>
    <button type=”submit” class=”search-submit”></button></form></aside>

scrambler

It looks like may be it is being inserted twice, once as an icon and once as a background Image.

@weaver
    , can you check if you can reproduce?

Weaver
    Keymaster

This must be some sort of iOS specific issue – not a clue why it would do that.

It does not do that on Android or web.

I really don’t have a clue how to fix it.

GR8FL
    Participant

Is there any way to toggle off the magnifying glass? Just have the text Search For?

Best Answer
    scrambler

This reply has been accepted as the best answer.

Try Hiding the icon on ios by adding the rule below to theme global custom CSS rule box

.is-ios .genericon-search {display:none;}

GR8FL
    Participant

@Scrambler, Sorry for the delay in responding. Applied that rule to my global CSS and it worked! Thank you.

.is-ios .genericon-search {display:none;}

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.