Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Drag ‘N Drop Widgets to Inactive

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    GR8FL
    Participant

Is anyone else having trouble dragging a widget to the inactive area?

Ever since the upgrade to WP 4.2.1., I have found this to be a problem.
    Tried this in different browsers, but no go… 
    Earlier WP version (4.1.4) is okay.
    Happens in Weaver Pro & Xtreme.
    GR8FL
    Participant

I was really hoping someone could help me.

After more testing which I went to every site running WP 4.2.1 under either Xtreme (Plus) or Weaver Pro and removing every plugin one-by-one, only to experience the SAME issue with not being able to drag a widget to the inactive area, I then took one of my test sites and used the Twenty Fifteen theme. 
    First with no plugins and then with all plugins – both ways they work. 
    There is something wrong with my sites using Xtreme (Plus) or Weaver Pro under 4.2.1. I have no idea what this is.

Is anyone else having this issue?

One the test site (http://xtreme.littledropup.com/), I even went as far as removing ALL custom CSS and still couldn’t move a widget down to the inactive area.

If I am the only one, would appreciate help in isolating the cause.

Currently the site is restored the way it was (with custom CSS) & plugins.

Thanks

Weaver
    Keymaster

Be sure you are dragging to Inactive Widgets and NOT Inactive Sidebar (not used).

GR8FL
    Participant

I can’t drag it any further down… not to sidebar (unused) or inactive. 

Weaver
    Keymaster

I am unable to duplicate this behavior on any of my sites using Weaver Xtreme – hosted on at least 4 different hosting environments.

GR8FL
    Participant

I am at a total loss too.

I even did a manual install of 4.2.1. using these instructions.
    Same old thing.
    I don’t know what else to do.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Even if you can’t move theme to a “temporary” resting spot on the inactive list, you should be able to delete them. There a widget management plugins that would let you save and reload existing plugin configurations. You can also do a bit of management from the Customizer widget control panel.

If we get any other reports of this issue, then I will certainly look deeper, but given I can’t reproduce this problem makes it impossible to do anything. The fact is that Weaver should have nothing at all to do with the widget interface. I don’t know why it seems isolated to Weaver.

The only part of Weaver that even remotely interacts with the widget manager is in the Weaver Xtreme Theme Support plugin.

GR8FL
    Participant

Yes, I can delete widgets. Just can’t save them to inactive. I can enable accessibility mode and move the widget that way, and if a text file, can copy it somewhere, so it is not a total loss.

This happens on both versions of Weaver: Pro & Xtreme.
    I don’t understand it either.
    Maureen
    Participant

I have had no problems moving my widgets either.

GR8FL
    Participant

hmmm…. seems it may be a problem for some over in the WordPress forums… https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cant-drag-widgets-to-inactive?replies=14

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.