HomeDoubled quotation marks in search results

Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Doubled quotation marks in search results

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    tiziani
    Participant
    The search results for lorem (i.e.) generates the output:
    with doubled (doubled) quotation marks.

http://alarmsystemebaum.homepage.t-online.de/wordpress/?s=lorem

Can I change this?
    Where is it defined?
    Thank you
    scrambler

My test site does not add the extra double quote, so I would start by deactivating ALL non weaver plugins and see if that fixes it.

I would also check a child theme if present for the change

tiziani
    Participant

No, sorry. There is only Meta Slider working.

Same results without Meta Slider.
    Do I have a chance with CSS?
    <h1 class=”page-title archive-title title-search”><span><span class=”title-search-label”>Suchergebnisse für “</span><span class=”archive-info”>”lorem”</span>”</span></h1>
    scrambler

The quotes are in the content, so no way to remove them with CSS.

@weaver may have an idea of where they could be coming from

Gillian

In the CSS you quote, &#8220 is an opening double quotation mark, and &#8221 is a closing double quotation mark. Thus, combined with “lorem”, you are actually defining two sets of quotation marks.  You also have a seemingly unnecessary span tag around the lot.  Try simplifying the CSS to:

<h1 class=”page-title archive-title title-search”><span class=”title-search-label”>Suchergebnisse für </span><span class=”archive-info”>”lorum”</span></h1>
    scrambler

I don’t think he is generating the HTML, I suspect the HTML is generated by the theme / WordPress, and if so, the question is why does It include opening and closing quotes in the message, In addition to the quotes that are added to the searched term

Weaver
    Keymaster

Themes have nothing to do with the text entered into a search box, nor the results returned by the search. This is being done elsewhere.

Weaver does add normal doubled quotes around the search term entered into the search box. This is a  translatable string, so it is likely that the translation is adding that.

The DE translations is:

Suchergebnisse für “%s”

EDIT: It looks as if Weaver Xtreme does add the simple double qootes “”, and the t ranslation adds an additional set of the up/down quotes. I will fix the translation for the next release as it is the cause of the doubled up quotation marks.

tiziani
    Participant

Thank you for the information.

May I be hopeful for a fix in the next update?
    That would be great.
    I like the Weaver theme.
    🙂
    Weaver
    Keymaster

It will be in the next release.

tiziani
    Participant

Thank you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.