Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Does Weaver Xtreme Plus offer a Blog?

Topic Resolution: Resolved

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jeanniejt 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

jeanniejt
    Participant

I would like a Blog on Weaver Xtreme Plus if I decide to use this theme for client.  Does Weaver offer a blog that can lead to articles on the particular subject?

Jeannie

scrambler

No, but weaver has a plugin for bbpress which is used for this forum

Weaver
    Keymaster

I’m not exactly sure what you are asking, but if you are talking about showing different blogs ( which are really just a list of posts) showing specified categories or tags, then Weaver Xtreme’s (Plus plugin not required) “Page with Posts” template allows you filter the posts it shows by quite a few different selection specifications.

You can create as many of these as you want, and even use Page with Posts as you home page by specifying that using WordPress’s home page options.

scrambler

My bad, blogs are such an obviously supported feature of the theme and its page with posts templates that my brain read forum instead 🙂

Bobthearch
    Participant

Hi Jennyjt,

With WordPress you can certainly make a blog, traditional website, or any combination of the two.

Weaver Xtreme is a theme that can help you lay out and design the site to your vision.

For a traditional website, create your content as Pages.  For a blog-type or magazine-style website, create your content as Posts.  Your site can have any number of each.

Here’s an example, a new local-interest website I’m creating.

http://hikeraton.com/

The static content (the items in the top menu) are Pages.  The articles are all Posts that can displayed and organized on various pages and within widgets.

jeanniejt
    Participant

Having issue with verbiage on bottom header line in posts.   http://www.clickcopiersaz.com.  Have tried to get it to drop down below line but can’t.  How to get this to be below this black line for posts?

Thanks

Jean

scrambler

Can you be more specific.

I don’t see any posts in the page you linked to and not quite sure what other page to look at.

jeanniejt
    Participant

OK sorry about that.  https:/clickcopiersaz.com/2018/08/should-i-fix-my-copier-or-replace-it/  This happens on all posts.

Jean

scrambler

A few things.
    First you have a dead space caused by an empty title and tagline.
    This is not good for your site SEO. You should fill in the WordPress Title and tagline with appropriate text, and if you do not wish to see them, use the hide option for each of them in Main options > Header > Site Title / Tagline.

As for the shift of content over the menu border, this comes from a -18px bottom margin that you have set on the menu bar, probably using the primary menu Bottom margin option box

jeanniejt
    Participant

The -18 my mistake, thank you for the help!

Looks right now.

Jean

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.