Home Forums Weaver Show Posts & Show Sliders Do you have to make a post to use the show slider or can I put one on a gallery page?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    mandali44
    Participant

The website where I want to put slide shows does not have a blog.  I want to put a couple of slide shows on a gallery page.  Does the Weaver Show Sliders work without a post?  Or is this the wrong plugin for my needs?

Thanks

scrambler

Absolutely, Weaver show slider can make slider of images and display them anywhere you want.

mandali44
    Participant

I don’t understand how to populate the shoe slider with photos.  If I don’t use posts, when I add a photo to the media library, if I want it on the show slider, do I name it something that will automatically add it to the show slider?

scrambler

have you read Weaver Post & Slider options >  Quick Start Help > Show Slider Quick start, and followed the step by step of

“Create an Image Slide Show using WordPress Media Gallery” ?

mandali44
    Participant

Yes, but I am not creating a post.  I don’t want to create a post, I want the slider on the gallery page.  I am sorry if I am so dense.  It just doesn’t make sense to me.

Maureen
    Participant

Be sure to have both Weaver Posts and Slider Options plugin AND Weaver Slider Post plugin installed.

Go to Weaver Slider Post/Add new Slider Post. Name the slider.  Click on Add Media. At the Insert Media window, click on Create Gallery in the left sidebar, then choose the images you want in the slider. Insert Gallery. Back on the New Slider Post page, select or add a category.  Save the page.
    You now have the slider created.
    To create the short code and options for the slider, go to Weaver Posts & Slider Options. Click on the Slider Tab. Third line down is a field ” Enter name for new/duplicate slider” Type in name of the slider category you just created. You can name this anything, but a corresponding name helps reduce confusion.

Further down on the Slider Tab, select your options for the slide show. Under Slider Options (second group of options) select the category name under Quick Options: slider Post Slug. Save.

Go to the page you wish to display the slider. From the menu choose “Add Show Slider” and from the drop down select the name of the slider you created in the Slider Tab. Publish.
    Check out your page.

It may feel like a lot of steps, but once you add a few sliders (and add options to posts from the Filters tab under Weaver Posts and Slider Options) you will be amazed by all you can do.

scrambler

The post is only created to hold the content of the slider, it will not be shown anywhere.

This is why you use a slider post, it is a separate custom post type which is only used by the slider and has nothing to do with your regular posts. Think of it as an image container.

Once the slider is created using the method described, you then insert the slider in your gallery page using its shortcode give it a try…

mandali44
    Participant

Thank you, now I understand.  Once I have created a slider, is it possible to add more photos to it?  Is there a limit to the number of photos that can be added to a given slider?

Thanks.  I appreciate how thorough both of you are.

Maureen
    Participant

You can edit, add, delete images from the slider just as you would any wordpress gallery. Choose the Weaver Slider Post you wish to edit, and go from there.

I don’t know if there is a limit on images, but I have placed as many as 17 images in a slider. 
    scrambler

When you create a post slider and insert a wordpress gallery in it, it inserts a shortcode with the image id numbers, you can redo that wordpress gallery anytime and change the images in it. I don’t know if the wordpress gallery has a limit on the number of images it can contain, you can probably do a web search for that 🙂

mandali44
    Participant

Thank you both for all your help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.