Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Disabling link for feature images

Topic Resolution: Answered
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Answered
    Caetlyn
    Participant

I realise this is an option for Weaver Xtreme Plus but I was wondering if there was a CSS coding for disabling the link to a feature image on the main blog page.

I fully plan on purchasing the Plus version in a few weeks when I have the finances but I would like to be able to resolve this until then.

The link to my blog is as follows: https://www.caetlynmclean.com/updates/ 

I’ve been able to disable the link for feature images on each individual post for not for the main blog page. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer
    scrambler

This reply has been accepted as the best answer.

There is no way that I know of using options to remove the featured image on posts in blog pages.

Two workarounds I can think of.

Create a child theme and edit the PHP templates.

Hide featured images in blog pages, and use manual excerpts for posts, with a manually inserted image (without link) in the excerpt.

None are easy to deal with.

Caetlyn
    Participant

Thank you for the suggestion. The only reason I’m using feature image with the post is because I’m using a post carousel widget using Site Origin.

However, i did manage to follow your second suggestion by keeping the feature image but hiding it in the single page. I then manually added the same image into the post itself.  It seems to have worked a treat!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.