Home Forums Weaver Show Posts & Show Sliders Disable picture link

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  N-IT 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

N-IT
    Participant

Hello, I am working on the page: https://www.aerzte-seminar.de/referenten/ with Weaver Show Post.
    Unfortunately, I just did not manage to disable the link for the photo, which points to the image file.
    Does anyone know how I can do that? So there should be no link behind the picture!

Weaver
    Keymaster

Handling the link for images is handled when you first insert them into content from the Media Library. This is not theme related, but rather WordPress Media Library related.

When you open the media library, and select an image to add, there are options in the right column. At the bottom, there is a Link To field. Set that to None.

You should also be able to click on an image while in the Page/Post Editor, and select the edit option to change the link to value.

N-IT
    Participant

Hello, I am aware, but this does not work with a Featured Images. I also have:
    Main Options → Content Areas → Featured Images – Pages “Don’t add link to FI” and
    Main Options → Post Specifics → Featured Images – Posts “Don’t add link to FI” adjusted.
    That does not matter. What am I doing wrong?

Weaver
    Keymaster

I missed that this was for the featured image.

Because [show_posts] was designed to work with any theme, there is some disconnect from Weaver Xtreme options and [show_posts], including FI handling.

I will see if there is an alternative when using [show_posts].

However, after looking at your page, I think it is a candidate for the theme Page with Posts page template which does respect all FI options. You should be able to specify all the filter options in the Per Page / Page with Posts options to get the same layout.

N-IT
    Participant

Hello Weaver, did you look at whether there is an alternative when using [show_posts]?

Weaver
    Keymaster

Handling [show_posts] options is handled in one of three ways, depending on the theme.

1. If the theme is a Weaver theme, then the default Weaver settings for displaying a post will normally be used. But many of them can be overridden by the [show_posts] filter. This would include hiding or not the Featured Image.
    2. If the theme has a template for displaying post content with a commonly used “standard” name, then [show_posts] will use the theme to generate the post display. However, non-Weaver themes will not be able to use specific [show_posts] options, but rather its own styling. In general, this leads to a very nice match with the way a theme displays posts. There is an option to disable using the theme’s standard display.
    3. The default for themes without a “standard” post display template is for [show_posts] to use its own post display code. This is very generic, and may or may not display closely matching the theme’s styling. BUT – the display options set in the filter are followed. You can add custom CSS to more closely match the theme.

Believe it or not, there are no standard WordPress guidelines on just how to display a Featured Image. That is totally up to the theme. And other than Weaver Xtreme, there is no or very limited interaction between theme styling and [show_posts].

N-IT
    Participant

The Theme is Weaver Xtreme, so I write yes because it does not work with all settings …

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.