Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Customizer Active Widget Areas

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    johnmgerst
    Participant

I am going NUTS! I am not a complete newbie but I have a long way to go before I am an expert. I am working in the Customizer menu of Weaver Extreme and then in “Active Widget Areas”. When I open the Active Widget Areas sub-menu I see a note at the top that says, “Your theme has 5 other widget areas, but this particular page doesn’t display them.” I need to modify the Primary Sidebar Widget but it’s not listed. How do I get to the Primary Sidebar Widget to manage its appearance? My real problem is that I can’t even get the Primary Sidebar Widget to show up on my home page. HELP, please.

scrambler

Widgets are normally managed in Appearance > Widgets, not the customizer.

As for displaying sidebar in specific pages, you have two places to set that up.

Globally by page type in

Customizing ▸ Layout > Sidebars & Widget Areas

where you can select if and how to display sidebars in any type of page.

you can then override the page type setting in any individual page by going in the page editing page > Xtreme options for this page > Layout TAB > Sidebar and widget drop down list

Weaver
    Keymaster

The Customizer Active Widget Area only will let you change widget areas that are active for the page currently displayed. You can change (in the Customizer display of the current site page) to a page that uses a specific widget area, and then the options for that widget area will show up.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.