Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Custom PHP/Ajax Scripting

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Weaver 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

techryan
    Participant

Hello All,

I’m looking to create a website that is a simple query website. I am going to store the data in mySQL. I have searched for plugins that would make this process easier. Essentially, the user comes to the website, has a specific alarm, they enter the data into the search box and the website returns the value from the mySQL database depending on their query. I know this can be done via PHP and Ajax.

2 Questions
    1) Can weaver pro do this with custom scripting? IIRC it can but have not needed to work with PHP/AJAX until now.
    2) If this can’t be done, are there any suggestions for good plugins that will save time from re-creating the wheel.

Thank you for your time in advance.

scrambler

I am not sure I fully understand what you require, but you can insert PHP in any content area either using the Xtreme Plus Plugin PHP shortcode (you first enable the PHP option in the plus options), or by using a PHP insertion plugin.

Scripts can normally be inserted in HTML areas using the regular script tags.

@weaver may have more info for you

Weaver
    Keymaster

Is WordPress the appropriate platform for this? I’m not sure.

But I doubt that any existing theme would handle this better than any other.

There might be plugins to help, but it sounds pretty custom to me.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.