Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Custom css invisible after migration to Weaver Xtreme

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    kiezels
    Participant

Hi,

I have just migrated a website from Weaver Pro II to Weaver Xtreme. Apparently the old custom css is still included in the pages, but not visible under Fonts & Custom in the Custom CSS Rules box. That box is empty. How/where can I remove or edit this custom css?

rgds, Anita

scrambler

Did you also check the Worpdress Custom CSS in

Customize > Custom CSS > Additional CSS – WP Setting

And of course the theme CSS in the customizer

Customize > Custom CSS > Global Custom CSS

And can you give us an example of the CSS you see being active in a page (with the page link if not the one you gave us)

Finally remember some CSS is in the CSS+ boxes, not the global box

kiezels
    Participant

Hi Scrambler, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I checked, there is nothing in there either.

The custom css is included in every page (view page source). Example:

<style type="text/css">
    html { 
      background: url(https://www.ateliera93.nl/wp-content/uploads//bg3.jpg) no-repeat center center fixed; 
      -webkit-background-size: cover;
      -moz-background-size: cover;
      -o-background-size: cover;
      background-size: cover;
    }

@font-face {font-family: 'fontname'; src: url('https://www.ateliera93.nl/wp-content/uploads/blurfont-webfont.ttf') format('truetype');}

.upw-image {float: right;}

#logo {position: absolute; top: -10px;}

h1, h2, h3, h4 {font-family: 'fontname'; }

h1  {font-size: 170% !important;  text-transform: uppercase !important; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 100%;}
    h2 {font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;; font-size: 140% !important; margin-bottom: 0 !important; padding-bottom: 5px !important;}
    h3 {font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;; font-size: 110% !important; }

.referrer  {font-family: 'Cabin Condensed', sans-serif !important; font-size: 160%;  }
    .referrer a, .referrer a:visited {color: #64A000; text-decoration: underline !important; }
    .referrer a:hover {text-decoration: none !important;}

.hentry {margin: 0;}

#content .entry-title {margin: 0; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px;}
    #content h3 {font-size: 130%;}
    #content h4 {font-size: 110%; }

#logo {padding:1%;}
    #logo img {display: block; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; }

#primary, #secondary, #altleft, #altright, #altleft, #altright {border: none;  }

#primary {padding-right: 7px; font-size: 120%; line-height: 170%;}

#footer, #footer a {color: #fbf9eb; font-family: Verdana; font-weight: normal; }
    #footer a:visited {color: #fbf9eb;}
    #footer a:hover {color: #fbf9eb; text-decoration: underline;}

.meta-prep {display:none;}
    .by-author {display: none;}

.fts-jal-fb-header  {display: none;}
    .fts-jal-fb-user-thumb {width: auto; height: auto;}
    </style>
    scrambler

@weaver, after a conversion from WII,  if there is nothing in the CSS rule boxes, do you know where the Inline CSS that appears in his pages could come from?

<!-- Weaver Xtreme 4.4.3 ( 70 ) Twenty Eleven-V-64 --> <!-- Weaver Xtreme Theme Support 4.4.1 --> <!-- Weaver Xtreme Plus 3.1.1 --> <!-- Add your own CSS snippets between the style tags. -->
    <style type="text/css"> CSS that cannot be found in the CSS rule box </style>

Weaver
    Keymaster

That CSS in the source HTML doesn’t look like any CSS being generated by Weaver.

Rules with .upw-image, .referrer, #footer and some others are not Weaver generated. Maybe Weaver II used #footer for the footer, but I don’t remember. But the classes/ids in that CSS won’t work for Weaver Xtreme.

The string “Add your own CSS snippets between the style tags” is not generated by any current Weaver theme or plugin. It could have originated with Weaver II, but I can’t really check on that anymore.

One could actually use a text editor to open the .wxt file being used for the Weaver Xtreme settings, and perhaps find that custom css if it were generated by the conversion process.

Weaver
    Keymaster

The CSS could also be from a Per Page option.

The options could also be coming from the <HEAD SECTION> content option.

scrambler

@kiezels After you check the page editing pages’ sections as well as the Advanced Options Head sections, if you do not find the CSS there, then can you download your theme settings (second download in the Save / restore page, that generates a .wxt file)

Then open it with a basic text editor like notepad on windows and see if your CSS appears at the top.

If so, you could try deleting it manually, saving the settings on a different name (so you can reload the original if needed), making sure not to delete other pieces, then upload the modified settings.

Weaver
    Keymaster

You can’t edit the .wxt file – just look at it.

kiezels
    Participant

“That CSS in the source HTML doesn’t look like any CSS being generated by Weaver.”
    That is correct @Weaver, because it was the custom css I added in Weaver II, in the Custom CSS rules box. I would have expected it to be found in that box in Weaver Xtreme as well. But as said, that is empty. The custom css code is visible in both files: “weaver-ii-backup-settings.w2b” and “weaver-ii-backup-settings-2020-12-28-0816.wxb”

And it is not code added on a per page basis.

Point is of course that there are rules in that uneditable custom css that I would like to change or delete. For example, the background of the site is now determined by one of these rules:

html { 
      background: url(https://www.ateliera93.nl/wp-content/uploads//bg3.jpg) no-repeat center center fixed; 
      -webkit-background-size: cover;
      -moz-background-size: cover;
      -o-background-size: cover;
      background-size: cover;
    }

So question remains: where to find or how to delete these custom rules…

Maybe I can remove them from “weaver-ii-backup-settings-2020-12-28-0816.wxb” and then import that file again? Would that overwrite anything?

scrambler

You could remove the CSS before exporting and converting, but you would loose settings you have done since the conversion…

@weaver
    , it looks like something went wrong in the conversion process that makes the Custom CSS not be visible in the Custom CSS Rule box but be applied. Could that be due to changes in the recent version that would no longer be compatible with the Initial converter?

Is there a way to edit the setting file to remove the CSS manually?

@kiezels
    in the meantime, you can add an overriding rule in the current custom CSS to override the other one.

Weaver
    Keymaster

@kiezels – Please zip the weaver-ii-backup-settings.wxb file created in the conversion, and also save your current settings to a .wxt or .wxb file and zip it. (These files won’t send correctly as email attachements – need to be zipped). Email those two files to me at [email protected], and I will see if I can see what happened.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.