Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme css tweak following change of current page menu color

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Decimus
    Participant

Back in 2014/2015 @scrambler and @gillian helped me with some CSS “Highlighted Menu items to give a Navigational cue”

It has worked just as I wanted it to, until I made a teak to my site today: http://www.bajanthings.com.

I’ve changed the Current Page Menu Text from the default bold Black to bold Red: #BB1100 to give a better visual cue for the current page

This is the custom css I’ve been using:

/* Keeps About menu-item-797 bold when sub pages are viewed */
    .single-post #menu-item-797 > a {font-weight:bold;}

/* Keeps primary menu bold when sub pages are active as visual cue */
    .weaverx-theme-menu .current_page_parent > a, .weaverx-theme-menu .current-menu-parent > a {font-weight:bold;}

Now that I have change the Current Page Menu Text from the default Black to Red: #BB1100 I’m struggling to how to add the a {color: #BB1100;}

I’ve tried various permutations – I presumed I could just add the colour to the CSS but that does not seem to work…I’m still getting the default bold black rather than the Bold red where there are sub pages

/* Keeps About menu-item-797 bold when sub pages are viewed */
    .single-post #menu-item-797 > a {font-weight:bold; color: #BB1100;}

.weaverx-theme-menu .current_page_parent > a, .weaverx-theme-menu .current-menu-parent > a {font-weight:bold; color: #BB1100;}

Would be grateful if you could help me tweak the css as I appear to have got the syntax wrong.

many thanks

Peter

scrambler

You need to add !important as the color has a stronger rule

.weaverx-theme-menu .current_page_parent > a, .weaverx-theme-menu .current-menu-parent > a {font-weight:bold;color: #BB1100 !important;}

Decimus
    Participant

many thanks.  !important; added and it now works

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.