Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Creating Custom Post Types

Topic Resolution: Answered
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Answered
    Michael
    Participant

I have a client who is getting rid of their WooCommerce and have asked me to take over the site and install  Weaver Xtreme Plus, (they like what I’ve done with other sites…anyway). The theme they use is Porto which is very integrated with Woo. One of the features they have setup is ‘custom types’ for posts. I am able to change the post type, but have encountered a situation that has given me pause.

If you look at this page  https://thewordverve.com/authors  It looks like a traditional Page with Posts, however, when i look at the menu, there is no “authors” page it’s simply a listing of posts of the custom type “authors”  and on the menu is referenced as “post type archives”.  I’m fairly certain the look and feel can be reproduced in a page with posts, but I was wondering if there is a way to create custom post types in Weaver? I’ve seen a plugin that is supposed to do so, but I hesitate to install it.

Thank you

User

@Michael

It looks like this site is using Pages throughout, rather than Posts, given the URLs.

As I am sure you know, there are plugins available to convert Pages to Posts, which will allow standard WP and Weaver Xtreme customization, and as there are also plugins which will allow the sorting of Post by Category etc..

What special “custom post types” do you wish to see in Weaver?

Regards!

Best Answer
    Weaver
    Keymaster

This reply has been accepted as the best answer.

Weaver Xtreme (including Page with Posts) has been designed to use only the standard Post Category and Tag info, including custom post types.

Nothing more, really, to be done when using Post categories, tags, and custom post types other than specifying in the Page with Post page editor interface.

Michael
    Participant

they’ve got everything so interconnected between the theme and woo it’s like unraveling a mountain of spaghetti. I’ve been able to convert some of their pages from woo categories to regular categories and that’s working fine. It’s a mess and I’m learning a whole lot more about woo than I ever wanted to,

Michael
    Participant

That’s what I’m going to do, there’s enough stuff I have to remove from the pages that I can easily turn them into post and create my categories for a page with posts.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.