Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Creating columns

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dianne
    Participant

I must be really dense, but I can not figure out how to create columns. I am using the classic editor. I prefer the classic editing… but I read about the Weaver X-Plus Flex Columns Widget¬† and I have no idea where to find it…

scrambler

You may prefer classic editing, but columns is definitely something where the Block editor would make things a lost easier… Just saying.

If You use the Classic editor plugin, you can select to use either the classic editor or the block editor on any page, so you could stay on the classic editor where it suits you, and use the block editor on pages / posts where it would be convenient.

That said if you are dead set on not using block editor, below is the Guide article on the flex columns widget

X-Plus Flex Columns Widget: Usage and Customizations – Weaver Xtreme Guide (weavertheme.com)

As indicated in the name, this is a widget, so it gets created in the Appearance > Widget area.

to use it in a page or post content, you will need to also use the “Widget Shortcode” plugin as explained in the Advanced Customization section of the above article.

Weaver
    Keymaster

If you want the entire content of a page or post split into columns, Weaver Xtreme has options to do that automatically – with either editor.

You can set the number of columns globally under the Content options, or per page/post on the per page options at the bottom of the editor page.

I’m not sure what a widget has to do with your question if you are talking about content created with either editor.

Dianne
    Participant

Weaver & Scrambler,

Thank you for your help. I just needed a quick fix to an old site. But I also decided to learn to use Gutenberg. When it first came out I hated it. I have watched a bunch of tutorials and now see it is the way to go. Technology changes, so I must also. Thanks for your encouragement and “push”. I will be working on a new website that will incorporate using Gutenberg and its cool features.

This is proof again why I stick with Weaver themes. Great tech support quickly!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.