Home Forums Weaver X Tutorials and Hints Converting a Weaver II (Pro) or Aspen site to Weaver Xtreme.

Viewing 14 posts - 17 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Weaver
    Keymaster

Note – [weaver_show_posts] is an important exception as it has been replaced by ATW [show_posts].

SurvivalWoman
    Participant

I have already been testing Weaver Xtreme on my sandbox site and am ready to begin the “real” conversion.  I will do all of the conversion work on a clone of my live site.  I am not as techy as some of you but I believe that from what you are staying I can do the following:

1.  Run the conversion on my clone site and follow the steps above.

2.  When everything is done to my liking, upload the new Xtreme and Plus settings files from my clone site to my live site.

3.  Apply the Per Page/Per Post settings to my live site.

4.  Check things over on the live site and I should be good to go.

Do I have this right?

— Gaye at http://www.backdoorsurvival.com

Weaver
    Keymaster

This sounds right. Because the Per Page/Per Post conversion is not 100%, you might find you have to repeat any adjustments your made for those on the clone again on the live site as well.

SurvivalWoman
    Participant

Ok, thanks.  Hopefully all will go well.  My site is very busy so working on a clone is the only way for me to make this change.  I am happy I do not have to upload my “new” site from scratch.

GR8FL
    Participant

I am going to be converting over the next week a site from Weaver Pro II to Xtreme. I hope it goes well.

This site is using a child theme since I had to make changes to the PHP file due to enhancing some things with Gravity Forms. 
    Will the conversion plugin take this into account and create a new child or do I have to do something different?
    I have cloned the site into a test site to do this conversion. 
    Appreciate any help with this process.
    Thanks.
    scrambler

I Highly doubt the child would be converted.

Weaver
    Keymaster

The child won’t be converted, but depending on exactly what the changes are and how they were made, it should not be that difficult to build a new child based on you old one. But it will have to be a manual process.

WilcoOverOut
    Participant

Edit: [weaver_show_posts] is a major exception – it must be manually converted to ATW [show_posts].”

I am unsure whether the string to include in a post is “ATW [show_posts]” or “[show_posts]”. A test will tell me what works, but I hope that the rest of the instructions are more specific than this. (I’m aware of the plugin-whose-name-was-ATW, so I recognize the likely meaning)
    GR8FL
    Participant

Use the syntax: [show_posts]

Any filter you create will have the shortcode for the filter name and parameters displayed. Makes it real easy to use… just copy and plop it in where its supposed to go. 
    scrambler

Edit: [weaver_show_posts] is a major exception – it must be manually converted to ATW [show_posts].”

if you care to read the whole thing, step 5 says

If you used the [weaver_show_posts] shortcode, You will need to use the ATW Show Post plugin to create the new equivalents of your shortcodes. ATW Show post gives you the same functionality plus more, with a much easier user Interface to configure what you need. If can also be combined with ATW SHow slider to create post sliders.

Soumen
    Participant

Did it on a sample website without any hitch in the very first attempt.

That was quite a roller coaster ride.
    Now the main work on the main websites…… 
    Thanks for the wonderful tutorial.
    karen
    Participant

I am using Weaver II PRO. I am going to be switching to Weaver Xtreme Plus, I assume. I do have a few questions that I have not found the answer to although they are probably here somewhere. I use a lot of PER PAGE widgets. Will they convert. Does Weaver Xtreme have that capability? Please point me to the answers if they have been answered. thanks

Axyon
    Participant

Hi,

In step 1e you say to search for the plugin ‘Weaver Theme Compatibility’. Is this the same as the ‘Weaver Themes Shortcode Compatibility’?
    Thanks.
    scrambler

Yes. I corrected the tutorial

Viewing 14 posts - 17 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • The topic ‘ Converting a Weaver II (Pro) or Aspen site to Weaver Xtreme.’ is closed to new replies.