Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Container Top are not performing correctly

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  scrambler 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

PrintMagic
    Participant

I have used the Weaver Xtreme theme to build this client website several years ago – https://sportafence.com/. When you see the video on the home page which has been inserted in the Container Top section in the HTML Insertion. The code for this insertion is as follows:

<iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/tYboSKdKuQk?rel=0;autoplay=1″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>

You can see that I don’t have a height specified in the outside container div which carries the Grass-Background.jpg. When I view the home page while I am logged into the administrative background and I view the home page, the video is centered perfectly and the grass background is much shorter vertically.

However, when I log out of the dashboard and view the home page there is a height of 1000px set in the aforementioned div. When I view the code of the home page in the Chrome developer tools while I am still logged out of the dashboard, I can see the height of 1000px set in the style of the outside dive of my code which is inserted into the Container Top section.

I would appreciate any input you can provide as soon as possible since this impacts the home page of my client. The site currently looks very unprofessional.

Thanks,

PrintMagic
    Participant

Secondary note.  It seems that the theme is flying apart. The code I supplied in the previous thread is now showing up in the Container Top on all pages even though the check box has been set to not show on non-home pages.

I tested this code in the Content Top and checked the box to turn it off on home pages, then I removed the code and unchecked the check box.  Now this grass background and video is displaying on the About Us page – not sure why.

I am running the latest version of Weaver Xtreme Plus, and my license is current.  Because of the seriousness of this problem I will need to hear back from someone quickly.  Since this theme seems to be flying apart, I might have to remove this them from my client’s WordPress website and use something else instead.

Please don’t leave me and my client hanging out here too long.

Thanks,

Gillian

When I view the site, the video and grass only appear on the home page – they are not on other pages.  If you are seeing these elements on other pages you probably have a cache issue.

Sorry I can’t help with your original issue, but I’m sure weaver or scrambler will be online to look at it soon.  For what it’s worth, the video is centered on the home page for me and, although there’s a reasonable amount of grass above and below the video, the page doesn’t look unprofessional to me.

Maureen
    Participant

The grass and the video also look fine to me, and it is only on the home page.

Weaver
    Keymaster

I don’t see any issues.

I do have one piece of advice – it is very bad design to include autoplay videos on any site. While some people tolerate these, there are many people who simply hate that (me included), and will immediately leave the site.

You tube lets you select the frame displayed for the video, and you should allow the visitor to decide if they want to see the video or not.

scrambler

I do not see any issue either, no 1000px and only on home page

The container div shows

<div style="max-width: 750px; min-width: 300px; max-height: 422px; min-height: 169px; margin: 0px auto; position: relative;">
    <div class="video-container">
    <div class="fluid-width-video-wrapper" style="padding-top: 56.25%;"><iframe id="fitvid995132" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tYboSKdKuQk?rel=0;autoplay=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe></div>
    </div>
    </div>

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.