Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Color of selected elements in a menu

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Realbilly
    Participant

Hello,

it was no problem to change the color of the hover background in a menu – but I can’t find the option to change the color of the selected element.

Thank you for help!

scrambler

There are settings for current page BG and text.

Legacy: Appearance > Xtreme Admin > Menus > Options All menus > Current page text

or Customizer: Customizing ▸ Colors > Menus > Colors for all menus > Current page text

Realbilly
    Participant

Thank you for your answer.

That doesn’t work for me. I found this before and set there color in blue. And the hover is blue before selecting, but the item is brown after selecting.

Startseite

scrambler

This is because you are using the SImple vertical menu that does not take the styling. Only the vertical accordion does.

If you really prefer the simple vertical over the accordion, you can add the CSS below to the theme global Custom CSS Rule box to style the current page items.

.menu-vertical .current-menu-item >a {background color:yellow !important;color:red !important;}

Realbilly
    Participant

Thank you for your answer. I would prefer the simple vertical and tried the css.

But that only had affect at the text color, the background color remained. No matter if I tried hexcode or colorname.

scrambler

I see it working on my end, but I see you have used two rules

.menu-vertical .current-menu-item >a {background color:blue !important;color:white !important;}

Which has an errors syntax using “background color” instead of “background-color”, so that property is invalid

Then you have

.wvrx-vertical-menu .current_page_item>a {background-color:#BAA987 !important;color:#F0EBE0 !important;}

Which is working and when I click on a menu item in the left menu, when the page loads, the item BG is BAA987 and the text is #F0EBE0

That said, you are also missing a space before and after the >

.wvrx-vertical-menu .current_page_item > a {background-color:#BAA987 !important;color:#F0EBE0 !important;}

Always pay attention to syntax with CSS 🙂

Realbilly
    Participant

Very big THANKS to you, Scrambler! Great job again!
    That is working fine now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.