Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Code placement

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    merlojh
    Participant

I need to place some Mail Chimp code for a popup in header.php file where or how is the best place to put this?

Home

<script id=”mcjs”>!function(c,h,i,m,p){m=c.createElement(h),p=c.getElementsByTagName(h)[0],m.async=1,m.src=i,p.parentNode.insertBefore(m,p)}(document,”script”,”https://chimpstatic.com/mcjs-connected/js/users/a2bdf4fca1530da6bcf582185/78081308fbe0f0856148e54c8.js&#8221;);</script>

scrambler

Usually the best place for that script if it is sitewide, is in Advanced Options > Head section Box

merlojh
    Participant

Not seeing the popup or anything so guess not working? This is where they say to place it Paste the code into the header.php file on the line before the closing < / head > tag.

scrambler

Your script is in the Head tag as it should but it is inserted twice.

Have you duplicated the code or inserted in both boxes in the head section?

It should only be inserted once in the top box of the Head section page.

If after that it still does not work, triple check your syntax and troubleshoot with them.

scrambler

I also see the error message below in the console whcih says the script is failing

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)

https://chimpstatic.com/mcjs-connected/js/users/a2bdf4fca1530da6bcf582185/78081308fbe0f0856148e54c8.js

Weaver
    Keymaster

note that the code pasted here had the fancy double quotation marks, and not the standard ascii double quote. Be sure your copy/paste doen’t substitute for the wrong “.

merlojh
    Participant

Thanks need to contact Mail Chimp just does not work! John

merlojh
    Participant

I changed them the quotation marks still does not work? Do I need to go into the header.php file and do it? John

scrambler

This is not about the location. The script is in the right location, but when it is attempting to run, it gives the error

“Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)”

You need to ask them about that

merlojh
    Participant

Thanks for the info John

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.