Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Cloned site question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    karen
    Participant

I am not getting the big picture here. If I want to clone a site which I have done, and apply all the settings, conversions, rebuild the widgets etc. for the new theme. Now I get the site all like I want it, but the LIVE site has changed, ie: Added posts and pages. How would I go about pushing the TEST site to the live site? If I create a backup of the clone, I can make it live if the live site has changed right? thoughts? I did see the migrate to new server post but am still confused. I am using BLOGVAULT to create a backup. 

Will I need to apply the changes to the CLONED site at a time that I am not making changes to the live site? 
    thanks
    scrambler

You are a little confusing here.

What theme is the live site using ? Are you working out the upgrade from weaver II to weaver Xtreme using a cloned site?

If so, the cloned site is mostly allowing you to figure out the Xtreme settings and what other tweaks are necessary during the conversion, but overall, you would need to follow / redo the whole conversion process on the Live site after having practiced it on the cloned site.

This of course depends on what was involved in the conversion. The settings part you can download from the cloned site and then load them on the Live site after switching it to Xtreme, but the conversion of pages and shortcodes would have to be redone on the live site.

I assume you read

http://forum.weavertheme.com/discussion/11303/converting-a-weaver-ii-pro-or-aspen-site-to-weaver-xtreme

Once you have worked out all the settings on the cloned site, you will simply save the setting file and then, switch the live site to Extreme

karen
    Participant

I think if I practice and get it right on the clone site,  and then start fresh with a newly cloned site when no changes are made, I can then migrate the cloned site to the live site. thanks. 

scrambler

That works too 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.