Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Child Theme Steps

Viewing 10 posts - 17 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Weaver
    Keymaster

Note that wp-config.php does not normally change after initial installation of WordPress, so if what they say is true, that would be the easiest place to add the code.

I’ve never heard of doing this before, and I’m not sure where you would add that – probably at the end. Try it to see if it works. Would be much simpler than a child theme. And if that suggestion is true, then you should also be able to add it using Weaver Xtreme Plus actions and filters exactly as is.

Plugins load before the theme, and that plugin has apparently defined a global variable that can be set from almost any point in a theme or other plugin, or even in the wp-config.php file which would load before almost anything else. Very unconventional approach to the “WordPress way” of doing things.

scrambler

@GR8FL Have you tried to ad the code in the Advanced Options > Actions and filter box?

GR8FL
    Participant

Sorry, I did not see this response when it was posted. I check here every couple of days or so since I am no longer getting email notifications. They are not going to spam.

@scrambler
    , I have tried to add the code in the Advanced Options > Actions and filter box and it made no difference.

GR8FL
    Participant

@Weaver, I did put it in the end of my wpconfig.php file and it worked!

As I mentioned in another post, I am no longer getting email notification replies. This happened when you first started using this forum several years back.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Well, @GR8FL, I did a bunch of testing. I’m not positive, but I think something had gotten broken in the notification system. I was trying on a test account, and was not getting emails. It IS possible it is still broken for gmail accounts, but the notifications got through on my last attempt using both the @ notation and the Notify me of follow-up option from under the reply box.

So, I think you should see a notification now, maybe 2 if you also checked the notify me box. But if you don’t, I’ll try more tests to gmail accounts. You should also check your spam folder.

GR8FL
    Participant

@weaver, Didn’t get email notification from this post. I do have checked “notify me of follow-up replies via email”.

nothing in spam folder either

GR8FL
    Participant

Bumping this back up in hopes I can get some instruction to create a child theme.

(fingers crossed).

scrambler

@GR8FL

This is more a general WordPress question and there are plenty of articles on the web on how to do that.

In addition, if you open your Cpanel File manager and navigate to “your site folder” > Wp-content > Themes > Weaver-Xtreme, you will find a folder called Weaverx-Child-demo.

Move that folder up one level so it is at the same level as Weaver-Xtreme , and then you will see it in WP admin > Appearance > Themes, and you will be able to activate it from there.

While you are in Cpanel File manager, you can open the Weaverx-Child-demo folder and open the Notes.txt for a quick explanation.

Beyond that to fully understand how child themes works and how to implement things, follow Online WP articles.

GR8FL
    Participant

Was able to resolve this. I did follow all directions but in doing this child, it hosed my header image which I restored through customizer (which I never use), as well as added every single page which included ones I don’t use to the menu bar. Through customizer I did remove them and indicated what the primary menu bar was. Then all was good.

AinzOoalGown
    Participant

I would try adding it in the Actions and filter box. ดูซีรี่ย์

Viewing 10 posts - 17 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.