Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Child Theme Help

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  scrambler 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

GR8FL
    Participant

I need to make changes to the PHP file because of Gravity Forms. In the past, under old Weaver, it was an involved process to make a child theme. Can you walk me through doing child theme with Weaver Xtreme?

Below is an example of what I want to insert (to turn off auto-fill). Can this be added to the PHP area through Admin under Actions & Filters?

Site: https://hattiesgarden.com/

add_filter( ‘gform_form_tag’, ‘form_tag’, 10, 2 );
    function form_tag( $form_tag, $form ) {
    // Turn off autocompletion as described here https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Security/Securing_your_site/Turning_off_form_autocompletion
    $form_tag = preg_replace( “|action=’|”, “autocomplete=’off’ action='”, $form_tag );
    return $form_tag;
    }

scrambler

Have you tried to just put it in there and see if it works?

GR8FL
    Participant

I did. Not sure if it worked.

I’m trying to eliminate autofill since it populates one of the product fields with the zip code. Does this only one mobile – well at least with an iPhone.

It did disable on desktop, where there isn’t a problem, but not on my phone.

GR8FL
    Participant

Tried to put some other code, and Xtreme did not like it at all.

I think I need to get the function.php child going.

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/spivurno/ee1d3c157738e22e2cb44bf239eeffd2/raw/2965d5d769fb99bc425874ad1bb3ce48f9a1b099/gw-gravity-forms-first-error-focus.php

scrambler

It may not be that you need a child theme, but just the PHP syntax, but @weaver is the only one who may be able to confirm that.

Weaver
    Keymaster

I don’t know how well you know PHP, but it does take some knowledge.

About the PHP included in your last post, please note that it starts with a <?php line. You need to understand what that means, If you tried to put that directly into a child theme, it would break the same way as it does when you add it to the Actions and Filters section.

That code, and any other simple add_filter type code should work fine using that technique – assuming you have correct code.

So if you read the description/instructions for Actions and Filters, you should note that it says:

Do NOT bracket the code with <?php and ?> at the beginning and end.

And that would most likely be the source of your problems with your second example.

I can’t say whether or not the actual PHP code in the filter (boils down to the preg_replace statement) is correct or not. But as part of your copy/pasting, be sure you have ONLY simple single quotation marks (‘) or simple double quotation marks (“). Anything else will not work – and depending on how you copy/past the code, we’ve found that it is not unknown to have the double quotation marks replaced by “smart” quotes, which are completely different characters and not recognized by PHP.

GR8FL
    Participant

Should I just drop everything in beginning with the comment line all the way through:

</script>
    }

What about at the end after the <?php where it says:

return $form;
    }

scrambler

the code you linked to is confusing to me as it mixes PHP (yellow) with HTML (blue), and the last PHP segment is not terminated, missing ?>

<?php
    /**
    * Gravity Wiz // Gravity Forms // Give First Validation Error Focus
    * http://gravitywiz.com/
    */
    add_filter( 'gform_pre_render', 'gw_first_error_focus' );
    function gw_first_error_focus( $form ) { 
        add_filter( 'gform_confirmation_anchor_' . $form['id'], '__return_false' );
        ?>
        <script type="text/javascript">
            if( window['jQuery'] ) {
                ( function( $ ) {
                    $( document ).bind( 'gform_post_render', function() {  
                        var $firstError = $( 'li.gfield.gfield_error:first' );
                        if( $firstError.length > 0 ) {
                            $firstError.find( 'input, select, textarea' ).eq( 0 ).focus();
                            document.body.scrollTop = $firstError.offset().top;
                        }
                    } );
                } )( jQuery );
            }
        </script>
        <?php 
        return $form;
    }

Weaver
    Keymaster

That code is 100% .php file compatible. In fact, PHP almost always mixes real PHP code between <?php … php code … ?> brackets and HTML in between. The filters and actions Weaver section really does not allow the outside <?php and ?>  (usually first and last lines of the file, but as a “convenience”, you don’t need the ?> for the end of the file – which is what was done in the above example). That means that the first bit of code in a Weaver Filter/Action section must be a line of PHP. But you can still embed HTML normally, just as in any PHP program.

As a habit, I always bracket all of my PHP files with <?php … ?>. I think it is lazy/sloppy not to, but a LOT of PHP never use the trailing ?>.

scrambler

If I understand weaver, this is the code you should try

/**
    * Gravity Wiz // Gravity Forms // Give First Validation Error Focus
    * http://gravitywiz.com/
    */
    add_filter( 'gform_pre_render', 'gw_first_error_focus' );
    function gw_first_error_focus( $form ) { 
        add_filter( 'gform_confirmation_anchor_' . $form['id'], '__return_false' );

<script type="text/javascript">
            if( window['jQuery'] ) {
                ( function( $ ) {
                    $( document ).bind( 'gform_post_render', function() {  
                        var $firstError = $( 'li.gfield.gfield_error:first' );
                        if( $firstError.length > 0 ) {
                            $firstError.find( 'input, select, textarea' ).eq( 0 ).focus();
                            document.body.scrollTop = $firstError.offset().top;
                        }
                    } );
                } )( jQuery );
            }
        </script>

return $form;
    }
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.