Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Child theme does not seem to be importing the style-weaverx.min.css post defs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    johnmgerst
    Participant

I set up a blog page at http://gottagrowit.ipage.com/public_html/blog/ using the Weaver Xtreme theme and I really love the flexibility especially using the masonry appearance under Post Layout. Looks very good when the Weaver Xtreme theme is active. But, when I activate the child theme the masonry appearance is no longer there. It seems to me, looking at the code with Firefox Inspector, that the inline class definitions are completely different for the child theme. I thought the post definitions would be 100% inherited. Here are the differences:

Child theme

<article id=”post-854″ class=”post-class-post-854 post-class-post post-class-type-post post-class-status-publish post-class-format-standard post-class-has-post-thumbnail post-class-hentry post-class-category-blog post-class-content-default post-class-post-area post-class-post-even post-class-post-order-2 post-class-border post-class-shadow-3″>

Weaver Xtreme theme

<article id=”post-854″ class=”post-854 post type-post status-publish format-standard has-post-thumbnail hentry category-blog content-default post-area post-even post-order-2 border shadow-3″>

The child theme is active right now. Do I have to click a box or something to tell Weaver that I want all post formats to follow the parent theme?

scrambler

Are you sure you configured the child theme properly. the procedure below is for Weaver II but can easily be extrapolated for Xtreme

http://weavertheme.com/making-a-weaver-ii-child-theme/

johnmgerst
    Participant

Pretty sure I followed the directions in the page you sent to me. I think the root of the problem is that I included all kinds of extraneous junk in the new style.css fille. I copied all of the old style.css plus the bootstrap.min.css into the new style.css file and I think there are lots of css overrides that are causing the problem. I’m going to try the built-in responsive columns approach to the parent theme as you suggested in a previous post. If I can make that work, I think it would be much better. Thanks.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Just to note:

The link you provided above is not using any subtheme at all – it is just the default Weaver Xtreme theme.

Anything mass copied from bootstrap will almost certainly break Weaver Xtreme. You might be able to use small bits, but certainly not anything from the .min.css version as that will no be humanly readable, so you can’t really do that in any way that makes sense. You really must know exactly what you are copying and what it does. Even a tiny, seemingly harmless rule can break the theme.

And do note that the default Weaver Xtreme style.css does NOT contain any rules at all. The real rules are from /assets/css/style-weaverx.min.css. To not use that (a bad idea) requires PHP to dequeue that file (and advanced operation).

johnmgerst
    Participant

Thanks. This is certainly a great defense for the plan to go back to Weaver Xtreme and use the responsive column div classes.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Custom CSS can be hard, especially if you try to reuse other’s code. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.