Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Changing the exceprt layout on the home page

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dale_lbc
    Participant

Hello,

I am using Xtream 4 with Show Post Options for the front page.  I selected the Plain Full Width sub-theme as a starting point.  The posts are listed with the FI thumbnail on the left, the excerpt on the right, and the title above them both.  I would like to switch it around a bit and move the title to the right of the thumbnail just above the excerpt.  I figure this is a code mod in my child theme, but i don’t know which function or file to look for.  Can you tell me which file or function controls this layout?

Thank you

scrambler

First, the current version of the theme is 5.0.7, so you need to update!

You also need to have the Xtreme Theme Support Plugin Version 5.0.1

Next regarding the Layout of the post title and featured image, there are many options built in the theme for you to try

You can find these options in either locations below

Appearance > Xtreme Admin > Main options > Post Specifics > Featured image > FI Location Excerpt.

Appearance > Customize (in Where Mode) > Post Specifics > Post Featured image > Featured image Excerpt posts > Featured image Location

For the Featured Image location, I believe you want to choose “Before page/post, No Wrap”, and aligned left. Feel free to explore all the various options there.

Beyond that, we can fine tune using Custom CSS. There is no need for a Child theme for Custom CSS, it can all be placed in the theme Global Custom CSS Rule box. A child Theme is only needed if you are making PHP changes to the theme template or functions.

If tweaks are needed, we will need a link to the site page in question so we can be sure of the Custom CSS to give you.

dale_lbc
    Participant

This was a huge help, thank you.

With the “before page/post, no wrap” option, I would like the image to be above the title and except on narrow devices (phones).  Do i need to do this with CSS, or are there other options I have not found?

scrambler

Please provide a link to the page in question.

Are you saying you are good with the FI on the left, Title and excerpt on the right on large devices, but on phones you want the title to move below the FI on the left, keeping the Excerpt as a second column besides the image and title in the first column?

dale_lbc
    Participant

I must have explained it wrong.

Desktops look great – FI on left; Title over Except on the right.

Narrow devices would be FI on Top, then title below, then except at the bottom.  In other words, the Title/Except block would move below the FI.

Private Reply
    dale_lbc
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    scrambler

Adding the rule below to the theme Global Custom CSS Rule box should do the trick, but I need to get a link to the page to be sure, or to limit the action to that page

.is-phone .wvrx-fi-link img {float:none;}

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.