Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Changing H1-H6 default colours with a twist

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    PolyWogg
    Participant

Hi, with the new palette colours, I want to change the default colours for H1-H6 headings and I found three places/ways to do it, none of which are super satisfactory, so I’m looking for a fourth way.

Option A — I can go into customizer and change the default colour … except it changes it for all H1-6, not letting me choose different colours for each;

Option B — I can go into Custom CSS and add a colour code with !Important for all 6 levels … except it doesn’t show in the editor screen that way (shows default of black).

Option C — manually change the colour in the block settings … except I have to change it each time, although I could insert a reusable block format and either convert to regular block or copy the formats over to other blocks

Is there an OPTION D whereby I can manually change the default for H1-H6 + see it in the editor screen + see it in the final published page?

Paul

Weaver
    Keymaster

Sorry, but Weaver Xtreme does not support adding custom CSS to the editor view. It turns out that that is very difficult to do at all. You might notice that very very few other themes support styling in the editor that matches options set. Weaver knows how to apply most (but not all) styling options to the editors, but not global CSS and a few others.

I can’t think of any other way to do this that would be on a global basis, and not needing to be done on a per case basis.

PolyWogg
    Participant

Thanks Weaver…I figured I had got all the options down, but hoped there was another I hadn’t thought of.

BTW, I have found something odd, not a big issue, but I’ll mention it in case it comes back later. I recently re-did my site, had to take the old one out to the woodshed, and reimport into a fresh install. Everything worked, except one thing on the editor side. When I’m in a paragraph block that already existed, I cannot cursor out of it to the next block. I have to actually click on the next block. I can cursor BACK/LEFT, but not DOWN/RIGHT to go between blocks. I don’t know this is a theme issue but a couple of other fora thought it was. I don’t see how it could be, but thought I would mention it. If I create a new post and just type new stuff, everything works. Just old blocks will not let me cursor forward.

Paul

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.