Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Changing font-weight within a table

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    PolyWogg
    Participant

I was using a couple of block collections, but they clutter up my install and for some “memory” reason, it means sometimes my reusable blocks don’t load. That’s not the problem though. I am doing a bunch of custom CSS to style some tables, and I want to be able to put them in the Weaver XTreme post-specific CSS, and yet for some reason, when I select a row in a table, the font-weight won’t work. I could do it manually, but it seems odd I can’t change it.

Soooo, I created a simple table using default Gutenberg table block, added a “recipe” class to it so I could have more than one table, and saved it here:

https://polywogg.ca/recipe-test/

In that page, Table 1 is the one I’m playing with; Table 2 is similar to what I want from another block; and Table 3 is just there as a control to ensure my changes don’t apply to ALL TABLES, just the first one.

I then went to style it for border (same as my default, but the code works if I change the settings — I will override the Global CSS defaults). Then I do the special alignment (centred, top), also works.  For the next one, I selected row 2, set the font to blue (it works), made the background yellow (it works), and changed the font-weight to bold (**but it doesn’t work**). However, if I use the Nth (odd) setting for rows to make #1 and 3 red font, that works too. EVERYTHING works except font-weight. I have some stuff set in my Global CSS but even if I remove the Font-Weight from there, it still doesn’t allow me to go BOLD. In Inspect, it is set to normal, so something is overriding the setting…if I turn it off in inspect, it goes bold like it is supposed to.

figure.wp-block-table.recipe table {
    border: 2px solid #008000;
    }

figure.wp-block-table.recipe td {
    text-align: center;
    vertical-align: top;
    }

figure.wp-block-table.recipe tr:nth-child(2) {
    color: blue;
    font-weight: bold;
    background: yellow;
    }

figure.wp-block-table.recipe tr:nth-child(odd) {
    color: red;
    }

FWIW, here is the code Scrambler helped me with a long time ago to set my default table set ups in GLOBAL CSS:

/*Style tables to have green border*/

#content table {border: 2px solid #008000; text-align: left; margin: auto; width: 100%; overflow-wrap: break-word;}

#content tr th, #content thead th {font-size: medium; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; padding: 2px;}

#content tr td {border: 1px solid #008000; padding: 3px; vertical-align:top}

#content tr.odd td {background: inherit;}

The only place in there for font-weight can be removed, but it seems to make no difference to the styling of the table, and the post settings should be overriding it anyway.

Any ideas?

Paul Sadler

scrambler

You are missing the td selector which is the original selector used for the styling

figure.wp-block-table.recipe tr:nth-child(2)  td {
    color: blue;
    font-weight: bold;
    background: yellow;
    }

PolyWogg
    Participant

Doh! Thanks as always Scrambler. I’ve re-inserted the TINY MCE plugin that lets me change font colours manually, not my favorite choice, but it works and I don’t have to manually paste the code each time. I’m on the fence which way to go. But at least I have the options now!

Paul

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.