Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme changing background color of “comments” section on posts

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    monica44
    Participant
    Hi Everyone,
    I have a style question that I am hoping someone can answer.
    For the sake of this example, I enabled comments on my site’s Home page (but will be disabling comments later for the page).
    Here is the situation:
    On the Home page, the Comments section background is white – which is what I like.
    But when you click on a post such as http://buyineastvale.com/first-post/ (with comments enabled), the Comments section background is the yellow color of the site.
    I am having a hard time figuring out how to change the background of the Comments section on posts from yellow to white (so it looks exactly like the Comments section on the Home page).
    Does anyone know how to do this?
    A few notes:
    I already got the following advice: “if you want space at the top of the container, instead of leaving an empty info bar, use Main options > General Appearances > Container Area > Padding top box” – but I am not sure what to do with the padding or how to do it.
    I was also instructed that the CSS to change the color was probably in the Main options > Fonts & Custom > Custom CSS Rule box, but I couldn’t find it there either (unless I just missed it).
    It was also determined that the rule to change the color is probably the following: 
    .has-posts #content {border:none; -moz-box-shadow: none; -webkit-box-shadow:none; box-shadow: none;background:transparent;padding:0;margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}

However, I only see this rule in the Page Source code on line 329, but cannot figure out how to access that same rule on the back end of my site so I can change my posts to look like the Home page comments section (the Home page source code has the rule command on lines 326-327 for comparison purposes).

Can anyone help me with this?
    Thank you very much!
    scrambler

@weaver, I cant figure out where the rule below comes from if not in the Custom CSS Rule box.

.has-posts #content {border:none; -moz-box-shadow: none; -webkit-box-shadow:none; box-shadow: none;background:transparent;padding:0;margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}

Do you have any insight on where it comes from so we can avoid just overriding it with another one?

Weaver
    Keymaster

It is generated by  “Reset Major Content Options” at  the bottom of the Post Area section.

I don’t remember 100% when/why this option was added, but it is sort of like making a “blank” page template. I think it also is useful with [show_posts].

scrambler

Great learned something new Main options > post psecifics > Post Area > Reset Major Content Options

monica44
    Participant

Wow Weaver and Scrambler, that did the trick! You guys ROCK, thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.