Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Change the word “Post” to “Product” site wide

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dosolutions
    Participant

Is there a preferred way to change the word Post, to Product, so things like Next Product and Related Product are shown?

I see a way to do it by modifying the functions.php file but i know that is not a good idea.

thanks

scrambler

Please provide a link to the page and where to look so we can be sure of what you mean.

If you do end up needing to make changes to PHP files, the way to do it is inside a Child theme.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Are you using WooCommerce?

dosolutions
    Participant

Probably should be using Woo Commerce, but no. I am using Posts as product pages and bending over backwards to make the client happy with that…

Weaver
    Keymaster

I might visit with the client about using Woo. It does a lot with the free versoin, and makes it the easiest way I’ve found to collect payment.

But otherwise, I do think a child theme would be the best way to do this. You can simply copy the appropriate theme base files like tag.php, categoryphp, index.php (or patet-posts.php), any file that emits “Post” or a Post related title, copy them to the child theme, and simply edit the files to say whatever you need. Don’t really need to know PHP or anything – just search for the text you need to change.

You might have to keep up with changes to the theme, but usually those files remain unchanged over many mnny releases as they are pretty basic.

A totally different alternative with text strings is to create a custom translation setup, and change the strings by translating to a different string. But that then requires using a translation editor as well as a child theme where the language files are changed instead of the php files.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.