Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Change logo on site

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mrslad
    Participant

Hallo, I’m new here and admin for our school site in WordPress. I’m not a developer, but can handle html and some css.

We had our site programmed by a developer. She used the weaver xtreme to develop the theme. So far, so good.

Over a year ago, I told to please change our site logo, because we had 50. anniversary. Suddenly the site logo disappeared. For me this was the opportunity to change it back to the usual one.

Now, the logo points to /1646140235106/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/mrs_50_logo1.png

The first folder remembers me to a staging plugin, that is no longer in use. Why is the 50 year logo pointing to that directory with subs?

I want to point to /wp-content/uploads/logo_merian-realschule-ladenburg.png where the logo is saved.

In the CSS in customizer >> custom css >> global custom css there is a line that shows this path:

/* Header */
    #wp_b_logo {background-image:url(‘/wp-content/uploads/logo_merian-realschule-ladenburg.png’);
    background-repeat:no-repeat;
    background-size:100%;
    max-width: 100%;
    width:200px;
    height:75px;
    z-index:30000;
    }
    .container-fluid, .dropdown-menu {background: #ababab;}
    @media screen and (max-width: 1024px) {
    #wp_b_logo {
    width: 125px;
    }
    }
    For me this is the place, where the place of the logo is defined. But this doesn’t work!
    What I did now, is creating a path /1646140235106/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/ with the file named mrs_50_logo1.png and renamed and uploaded the logo, that is under /wp-content/uploads/logo_merian-realschule-ladenburg.png
    But this is not a good solution for me! How/Where can I change the path to /wp-content/uploads/logo_merian-realschule-ladenburg.png, so I can delete /1646140235106/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/ with the file named mrs_50_logo1.png???
    Thanks & Regards
    scrambler

Please provide a link to the site with details on where the logo is in the page, and explain how you setup the logo (theme options, HTML insertion….)

mrslad
    Participant

The site is available under https://mrs-ladenburg.de

The logo is in the top left corner.

and explain how you setup the logo (theme options, HTML insertion….)

Sorry, I don’t know what I have to tell about that. For me the backend of Weaver is like hieroglyphs.

Could you please navigate me to the place where I can see that?

scrambler

OK, so that logo was inserted using HTML in the Header top area which can be found in Appearance > Weaver Xtreme Admin > Advanced Options > HTML Insertions Area > Header Top box.

The HTML in that box is a simple Image tag with no link so the Image does not link to anything.

Also because of the way this area is setup, the logo is bigger than the Menu bar and so is cut off at the bottom.

Solution One:
    Change the HTML in the header top Area  box to include the image you want with or without a link
    Add CSS to increase the menu bar height so the image is not cut off.

Solution Two:
    Get rid of the Header Top area content.
    Set your image as the WordPress Site Logo image in Customize (in WHere mode) > Global Site Settings > Site Identity
    Then in the Primary menu option, select “Add SIte logo to the left” SO that site logo image selected above will be added to the left of the menu bar. There are also options to have that image link to the Home page, and to set the height of the image.

For future reference below is a guide article detailing HTML Insertion areas

Layouts and HTML Insertion Areas – Weaver Xtreme Guide (weavertheme.com)

mrslad
    Participant

Thanks a lot!

Your suggested ‘solution one’ solved my problem.

King Regards

Peter

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.