Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Change headerImage on click

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  pella 1 day, 13 hours ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

pella
    Participant

Hi!

Not been active using my website for some time, but now I’m on again.

I’ve been using Weaver 2 that now have become obsolete, and I feel that even if I don’t want to, I guess I have to, switch to a new theme.

One important reason that I chosed Weaver was the way it changes the image in the header when clicking on a link or menu.

I havent found that in weaver extreme? Is it possible, or is there a code I can put in to make it work with extreme?

Love weaver, would like to continue using it.

🙂

//Pella

Maureen
    Participant

You can have different headers on different pages by inserting on the pages a Featured Image that is same size or larger.

scrambler

First make sure you read the article below to make the conversion to Xtreme.

https://guide.weavertheme.com/converting-a-weaver-ii-pro-or-aspen-site-to-weaver-xtreme/

And as Maureen said, Xtreme has the same per page/post header image replacement and it is simpler than weaver II, as you actually have a drop down menu on each page and post to select header image replacement by the Featured image.

You do need to make sure you install the Weaver Xtreme Theme Support Plugin that holds all the page and post options

pella
    Participant

Now i’ve tried four times to send code here to try to show what I mean, but it fails, how can I share the code with you?

scrambler

I don’t know what code you want to share, as the issue you refer to has nothing to do with any coding, but if you mean you are trying to put some HTML in a forum post, the only way to do it without causing problem, is to give it the “preformatted” paragraph style.

• You paste your code
    • Select it
    • Click the preformatted style in the style drop down list toollbar

pella
    Participant

I think I’m going nuts!

I get this message when I try to post….. Have I written to many digits, or what?
    <h1>403 Forbidden</h1>
    A potentially unsafe operation has been detected in your request to this site.

Generated by Wordfence at Thu, 14 Dec 2017 12:08:46 GMT.
    Your computer’s time: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 12:08:46 GMT.

pella
    Participant

Ok, to the heck with the code…

what I mean is that the image in the header (on weaver II) changes on click, even if stay at the same page.

scrambler

I am not following, may be you can give us a link to your current site and explain the steps to take to see what you mean.

If you mean you added a script to the weaver II so that when you click on the header image it changes, then you will be able to insert the same script (with may be some modifications) in Xtreme to do the same thing.

But there is no feature in Weaver II that does that, so you either are using a plugin, or added a script, both of which can be used on Xtreme

pella
    Participant

the link is:

wp.pella.se

I have not done any changes in the code, it’s in the theme that the image changes everytime you click on something.

So if you are at the frontpage, called “hem” and click “hem” in the menu, the picture in the header changes. If you click “hem” again, still remaining on the “hem”page, the image changes. Same if you click the “pellas hemsida”-link in the footer

Same on the blogpage or whatever page you are on if there is somtehing to click.

Of course it changes also when you go to another page, but the image-shift is in this function, not on every page.

* this little “simple” thing made me choose the weaver theme among thousands of other themes some years ago, and I’d probably do it again, so I really would like this little detail to work. *

//pella

scrambler

This is NOT a Weaver theme function, it is a WordPress feature called randomizing header images 🙂

In the WordPress Header image editor (Appearance > Header), you can select as many header images as you like, then you click the Randomize Uploaded header button.

Every time the pages refresh like clicking a menu item, or simply refreshing the browser, it will load a different header image.

So that will be available in Xtreme too

pella
    Participant

What??
    Gotta check that out!  ’cause weaver II is the only theme i’ve seen it in.

Maybe I have checked themes that don’t have header-images, those pics are called backgroundpictures, and can’t be randomized, I guess? or whatever.

🙂

Thank you so much for finding my “issue”!

pella
    Participant

Happy again!

my test-site:

http://hej.pella.se/
    (changes from day to day right now. Maybe also themen, but at the moment it’s weaver)

🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.