Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Categories Disappeared – Page with Posts Broken

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  scrambler 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

galveston_girl24
    Participant

There is an error with the categories on my website. They have all disappeared from the Categories page in the dashboard. Since they are gone, the Pages with Posts don’t work because the referenced category is missing. I tried to add the categories back on the Categories page in the dashboard, and it gives me this error: “An error has occurred. Please reload the page and try again.”

As a test, I deactivated all of the plugins and the issue continues to exist.

Here is the website: http://uwgalv.org/

Thank you in advance for your help,

Lindsey

scrambler

That is strange and looks more like a WordPress issue, so you should also search and post on WordPress.org

So you say that if you go to Posts > Categories they are all gone.

Now if you go to the Posts page with the list of posts, do the categories still show on each post line?

If you go to any Posts Editing page, do Categories show on the right in the categories box?

If you create a New post and try to add a new category in the Post editing page > category box, does it let you?

galveston_girl24
    Participant

I have also posted on WordPress.org per your recommendation.

That is strange and looks more like a WordPress issue, so you should also search and post on WordPress.org

So you say that if you go to Posts > Categories they are all gone. Yes, they are all gone and I cannot add a new one. It gives me this error: “An error has occurred. Please reload the page and try again.”

Now if you go to the Posts page with the list of posts, do the categories still show on each post line? No, and it now appears that both categories AND tags are gone

If you go to any Posts Editing page, do Categories show on the right in the categories box? No, they are gone. I tried to add “test” as a new category, and when I click “add new category”, nothing happens.

If you create a New post and try to add a new category in the Post editing page > category box, does it let you? No, they are gone. I tried to add “test” as a new category, and when I click “add new category”, nothing happens.

Weaver
    Keymaster

This is almost certainly not a theme issue, but something that has gone wrong and corrupted you WP database.

I’d try to get that figured out before going too much farther. It might be wisest to get a backup of your current site, but then see if you can restore the database to before the categories disappeared. (This may take contacting your hosting company.)

scrambler

Once you have backed up everything, you can try to redo the last WordPress update too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.