Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Caption under the distinguishing photo

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Yvonne Sarnicka
    Participant

Is it possible that the name of the author of the photo is displayed under the distinguishing photo? How to do it?

scrambler

You could add it as a caption on the image and then show the image with caption

Yvonne Sarnicka
    Participant

in Featured Image – Posts ?? Where? As?

scrambler

you need to be more precise about what image we are speaking of with eventually a link to the page with the image.

The caption is something you create in the media library where you can edit the image

Then when you insert the image in your content, the caption will show up.

For the featured image, I don’t think the Theme has an option to add the Caption, @weaver may correct me if I am wrong.

If so, I think there are plugins that can add the caption to featured images.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Featured image is a core WP concept, and I’m pretty sure that support for captions is not included.

scrambler

@weaver, someone mentioned in a forum that it depends on the theme as

” the Twenty Twenty and Twenty Twenty-One themes do show featured image captions by default. The Twenty Sixteen and Twenty Nineteen themes do not.”

If true then it could be an option in the theme 🙂

Merry Christmas to ALL

Yvonne Sarnicka
    Participant

Yep guys, that’s exactly what I meant. Well, if there is no such possibility, I will look for a plug. Thank you very much and I wish you a healthy New Year 2022

Weaver
    Keymaster

I just checked the Weaver Xtreme code that handles the Featured Image. Because of the many options Weaver allows for just how to display the featured image by various locations, it turns out that that code is actually quite complex, and has no provisions for handling the image caption. At this point, especially given that I don’t recall any previous requests for including the caption with the FI, I do not think I should try to add that feature. When this code was designed, I don’t believe it was intended by WP to support captions with the FI.

scrambler

Thanks,

Plugin it is 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.