October 29, 2020 at 16:54 UTC - Views: 31 #65790
I am unable to update the Weaver Xtreme plus plugin on a website I manage (Update failed: Download failed. Unauthorized). This site was built by somebody else, I do not have a way to gain access to their account. What can I do?
Thank you very much!October 29, 2020 at 18:03 UTC - Views: 30 #65792scramblerModerator
In order for the plugin to update, its license must be current.
In order to know if the license is current, you would need to have access to the account that was created when the Plus plugin license was purchased.
If you have no way to access that account, you may have to repurchase a new license under your own account.October 29, 2020 at 21:46 UTC - Views: 25 #65794
thanks for the answer. Can you tell by the site name which the associated account is?
ThanksOctober 29, 2020 at 22:26 UTC - Views: 23 #65795October 30, 2020 at 20:27 UTC - Views: 24 #65799
It might work to have the site URL to search for this. That seems to work on the search now – it did not with the license manager before, but appears to now.
You can reply here via a Private reply with the site URL and we can see if we can find it.October 31, 2020 at 09:04 UTC - Views: 16 #65803October 31, 2020 at 18:08 UTC - Views: 13 #65812
Sorry, that url is not registered as licensed Plus site.
The only other way to possibly find it would be if you provided the license key, which should be displayed from the Xtreme Plus Admin License tab.
Do not post the key here – email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If we can’t find it then, you will have to buy a new license I think. We’ve heard of this issue before when a site gets handed down to someone new without providing all the needed tails of licensed software.November 5, 2020 at 13:20 UTC - Views: 10 #65897DaRixterParticipant
__FYI__ Update conflict with another plugin.
I, too, was unable to upgrade the license. I got this error message:
“Update failed: Download failed. cURL error 56: OpenSSL SSL_read: Connection reset by peer, errno 104”
I recently shuffled my licenses; I moved a customer to their own license and added RicksLists.com as new site. I thought that might be the problem.
I am rebuilding the site, and it is currently in “Maintenance Mode.”
When I retried the update with Maintenance Mode disabled, the update worked.
I have since reenabled Maintenance Mode.November 5, 2020 at 19:14 UTC - Views: 4 #65904
Maintenance Mode would be expected to block communications with the license server, but we’ve certainly not mentioned that anywhere.
Thanks for your most relevant input.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.