Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Cannot use customiser Fatal Error

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  wanda 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

wanda
    Participant

Hi

I am using Weaver xtreme

Site is <b>kwazulukids.com</b>

I can’t get into the customiser I am getting this error message

<b>Fatal error</b>: Cannot declare class Customize_Alpha_Color_Control, because the name is already in use in <b>/home4/warnold/kwazulukids.com/wp-content/themes/weaver-xtreme/admin/customizer/alpha-color-picker/alpha-color-picker.php</b> on line <b>97</b>

The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

Is this a hosting issue ? Or can I fix it?

cheers

Wanda

wanda
    Participant

I received this email from WP

….In this case, WordPress caught an error with your theme, Weaver Xtreme.

First, visit your website (https://kwazulukids.com/) and check for any visible issues. Next, visit the page where the error was caught (https://kwazulukids.com/wp-ad<wbr />min/customize.php?url=https%3A<wbr />%2F%2Fkwazulukids.com%2F) and check for any visible issues.

scrambler

You may want to save your settings and download a copy locally from the save restore page.

Then switch to a different theme

Delete all weaver Theme and plugins

Reinstall Weaver Xtreme theme and Xtreme Theme Support plugin from WordPress and re download the Plus Plugin if you bought that.

wanda
    Participant

I could not get into live preview to delete theme.  Same error appeared.

I deleted it via CPanel deleted all plugins, reinstalled theme, reinstalled plugins, activated everything but still get the same error

cheers

Wanda

scrambler

@weaver will have to comment then

wanda
    Participant

Should I just wait or will @weaver see this thread?

cheers

Wanda

scrambler

He should be alerted to this thread so as soon as available he should answer.

I assume you have tried deactivating ALL non weaver plugins.

Weaver
    Keymaster

That error is for a library class used by Weaver Xtreme.

Since we are not getting other reports of an issue, I would suspect you are using a plugin that also uses that same class. The way to determine where the  conflict is would be to disable your plugins. You could disable them all and see if the issue goes away. It that doesn’t make the message go away, I will be very puzzled.

Then you could reactivate your plugins one by one until the message returns. The plugin would most likely be somewhat obscure (e.g., not a popular one like Yoast or Jetpack).

Once we identify the problem, I will have to think about a solution. There are several, but it will really take knowing which plugin is causing the issue. Note that plugins are loaded by WordPress before the theme is loaded, so that is why the message says the class has already been defined.

wanda
    Participant

the plugin Easy Social Post Feed was the problem.  I will find another plugin

thanks

Wanda

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.