Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Cannot hide the info bar on new installation

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    laura
    Participant

Hi Scrambler,

I searched the forum for an answer to this, and I applied what I read, but for some reason I’m still having a problem with it.

I installed a new wordpress installation with Weaver Xtreme today with Hostgator.

Everything was fine until I tried to hide the info bar links which appear at the top and bottom of each post. I went into Main Options > Info Bar > Hide Breadcrumbs / Hide Page Navigation / Hide on all devices.

This has always worked with all my Weaver Xtreme installations, but for some reason, either I’m overlooking something or there is some kind of bug going on. I don’t really mind them appearing at the bottom of the post, but I’d like them removed at the top, and I am usually able to do this.

If I give you a link to the site, could you tell me what it could be? It’s at: http://matthewtower.net/    

Thank you so much,
    Laura

Gillian

If you want to hide the previous/next links at the top of posts, you need to go to

Main Options > Post Specifics > Post Navigation
    and tick the “Hide Top Links” option.
    Basically, the post links aren’t part of the Info Bar or its Breadcrumbs.
    laura
    Participant

Hi Gillian,

The option you mentioned was found in Main Options > Post Specifics > Post Meta Info Area > Hide Top Post Info

I saw nothing that said “Hide Top Links”.

I ticked the box, but it had no effect. I can’t understand it.

Do I need to purchase the Xtreme Plus Plugin? I never had to do that before.  I was always able to hide the info bar routinely without it. 

Gillian

Hi Laura

The “Post Meta Info Areas” section is just below the “Post Navigation” section that I referred to.  I understood that you wanted to get rid of the top navigation links, not the top meta info.  Again, this is nothing to do with the “Info Bar”.
    Having said that, you are correct that the option I referred to is a Plus option, I didn’t notice that initially.
    scrambler

I think you are confusing the info bar which is ONLY at the top of the content area under the menu, and the post pagination found in main options > Post specifics > Post Navigation option section

laura
    Participant

What I don’t understand is that I have always been able to get rid of the top navigation links without having to have to purchase the Xtreme Plus Plugin. My current installations do not have this problem and none of them have the plug installed. 

scrambler
    We would have to see a link to the Xtreme site where you did it without plus.
    You can definitely use Custom CSS if you do not have Plus. We would need a link to a blog page with the navigation to confirm which one
    laura
    Participant

Hi Scrambler,

Here is a another version of the same site where I do not have this problem:

http://clientswebdesigns.com/matttower/news/

Just click on a post and you won’t see any post navigation links. Most of my installations are like this.

Thanks,
    Laura

laura
    Participant

Hi Scrambler and Gillian,

I think I fixed the problem by adding my own CSS in the CSS rule box:

#content nav a {
    display: none;
    }
    .single #nav-above {
    display: none;
    }

I think it’s ok now, but do I need addtional CSS?  I still don’t understand why I had to do this.

Thank you,
    Laura 

scrambler

The site you referenced has the rule

#nav-above,.paged #nav-above{display:none;margin:0;}
    .single #nav-above{display:none;margin:0;}

That hides the top nav. If you did not add the CSS, may be you used a sub theme that had it done in the custom CSS. It would likely be in Main Options > Fonts & Custom > Custom CSS Rule box

laura
    Participant

Scrambler,

I did not add that code. Maybe it got carried over when I did the conversion from Weaver II to Weaver Xtreme? Is that possible? I only added the code to the first site I sent you the link to today.

scrambler

possible it got carried over in the conversion

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.