Home Forums Archived Forums Weaver II Theme Weaver II Pro Can php script go into a perpage text widget?

Viewing 3 posts - 17 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    swmagic999
    Participant

OK the “Hello world” works with weaver_php shortcode.

I put all of the XML and cURL in and it compiles–but I don’t see it in Firebug–did it ignore it?)  It starts with this:
    $raw_xml = ‘<Request_v1 xmlns:xsi=”http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance&#8221; xmlns:xsd=”http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema”&gt;

Then I add my html and press Submit and it STILL goes back to make-donation/request.php page not found.

<h3>Billing Information:</h3>

<!–
                There’s nothing particularly interesting happening here — just a typical HTML form
                collecting customer information and passing it on.
            –>

<form method=”POST” action=”request.php”>
                <label>First Name: <input type=”text” name=”FirstName” value=”Joe”></label><br />
                <label>Last Name: <input type=”text” name=”LastName” value=”Cuervo”></label><br />
                <label>Address Line 1: <input type=”text” name=”AddressLine1″ value=”123 Main St.”></label><br />
                <label>Address Line 2: <input type=”text” name=”AddressLine2″ value=”Suite 1″></label><br />
                <label>City: <input type=”text” name=”City” value=”Paterson”></label><br />
                <label>State: <input type=”text” name=”State” value=”NJ”></label><br />
                <label>Zip: <input type=”text” name=”Zip” value=”07524″></label><br />
                <label>Email: <input type=”email” name=”Email” value=”test@example.com”></label><br />
                <label>Telephone: <input type=”tel” name=”Telephone” value=”999-555-1234″></label><br /><br />
                <label>Amount: <input type=”text” name=”Amt” value=”1.00″></label><br /><br />
                <input type=”submit” value=”Submit” /><br />
            </form>

scrambler
    I do not know php so I cant tell you why it does not work, but I know that when I tested putting multi line php code in a php shortcode it does not always work…
    A few more things you can try.
    1- Add the PHP (in the php shortcode) inside the header Page custom Field. (you cteate a new custom filed in the page, name it header, and add the shortcode in its value box)
    K2- There is an Action and filter box where you can put Some PHP directly (no shortcode). But not being savvy in PHP I cant tell you if your code fits that bill. But it does not cost anything to try 🙂
    Advanced Options > HEad Section > Action and filter.
    3- You can also try to create a shortcode using the pro Shortcoder. Create a shortcode and your PHP (inside a weaver_php shortcode) in it. Then insert the shortcode in your page.
    swmagic999
    Participant

OK scrambler, I tried the Action and filter.  I agree that it states clearly in the description that it should be the solution to this problem.

But alas, it too goes to https://chea-elks.org/make-donation/request.php&nbsp; as the endpoint.

I guess you are right Bruce, this is much too difficult for the average (and even more than average) Weaver user. It must be a maze of php control that is out of the the range of Weaver functionality and performance. Maybe someday.

Paul (thanks scrambler).

Viewing 3 posts - 17 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘ Weaver II Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.