Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Bottom menu.

Topic Resolution: Answered
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Answered
    pasqualerose
    Participant

Hi. I’d like to move the bulk of my menu items to the bottom of the site to declutter the top. Right now, I have a couple of menu items that I wanted to place on the bottom of the site, but I can only manage to get them on the bottom of the side bar. How do I get it so they’re go across the bottom of the site? Here’s the site. https://visualverse.thecreationspeaks.com/

If you scroll to the bottom of this website (https://www.scooterscoffee.com), this is an idea of how I would like to put a menu at the bottom of my website. You can see they have main topics such as “LETS’ CONNECT” and “MY SCOOTER’S” and underneath the topics they have other links.

If it’s difficult to duplicate something like what is on that site, no worries. I’ll go for something that’s more easily done. The main thing is I really want to get the bulk of my menu items to the bottom of the site, so they’re not distracting from the main points.

Thanks,

Pat

scrambler

If you have the Plus plugin, you can use Extra menu shortcodes to insert any menu you want in any area you want.

This means you could use footer areas like the footer widget area, or the footer HTML area, of the copyright box, or the Advanced options > HTML Insertion > Post footer are or Fixed Browser bottom areas

If you do not have the Plus plugin, you can use the same areas above to insert links done in HTML

Best Answer
    pasqualerose
    Participant

This reply has been accepted as the best answer.

Great! I do have the plus and I was able to place menu items on the bottom of the site.

Thanks Scrambler!

Pat

Weaver
    Keymaster

An observation: while you have moved the menus to the bottom, note that that they open with the content hidden, and one has to scroll them up with the scroll bar.

This is not really ideal. Unfortunately, I don’t think that extra menus has an option to show menus already open.

There is an alternate solution, however. You can make use of the Footer Widget area and add instances of the standard WP Navigation Menu widget. You might have to create specific named menu definitions in the Menu interface, and you can used multiple columns in the footer widget. This will allow the always opened menus that were used in the footer of the example site you gave a link to.

pasqualerose
    Participant

Ok. That would probably be a better option.

I think I can figure out how to do what you are explaining I need to do. I’ll give it a shot. I have a family wedding this weekend, so I’ll have to do it on Monday. If I have a followup question (which I probably will) I post it/them in this thread next week.

Thanks,

Pat

pasqualerose
    Participant

Thanks Weaver. That does look better. You mentioned columns. How do I put it into columns? Under Weaver Xtreme Admin>Main Options>Footer>Footer Widget Area>Columns, I have it set to two, but it only shows the menu in one column. How do I get the menu to display in two or more columns?

Thanks,

Pat

scrambler

When you set the footer widget area to two columns, you need two widgets, one for each column.

So create two menus one for each widget, and add the two menu widgets in the footer widget area

pasqualerose
    Participant

Looks now! Thanks!

Pat

Weaver
    Keymaster

Looking good. That looks more like the example you provided, and is much better than the extra menu option.

pasqualerose
    Participant

Thank for the help!

pasqualerose
    Participant

Ops. I had a typo a couple replies ago. It’s supposed to say “Looks great now!”

Thanks again for the help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.