Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Blog pages

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    merlojh
    Participant

Seems like on the main blog page the footer looks fine but when you click on a link to view the whole article https://www.theorganicwinecompany.com/dining-out-market/pairing-wine-with-takeout-mexican-food/ the bottom of every footer is messed up? John

scrambler

We went though that a while back and I gave you all the instructions….

the “messed up pages” are using a Sitewide Bottom Widget area to add widgets above the footer. That widget area is limited by the container size while the footer is full width.

I explained to you at the time that if you wanted these added widgets to also be full width, you needed to create a Custom per page widget area that would contain both the extra widget and the footer widgets, and to replace the footer widget area by that custom per page widget are in the single post pages.

Please go through your old thread  and find the one we discussed this and review it….

merlojh
    Participant

Right do the same thing thanks John

merlojh
    Participant

Do I need to do that for every blog page? There are many pages? John

scrambler

If the content is the same, you only create a single per page custom widget area to hold all the widgets.

But then you need to go to each page editing page and select the widget area replacement for that page

merlojh
    Participant

Not sure where to do that is it Post Single Page Options or where? So I need to go to every blog page and do that right? John

scrambler

To replace normal the footer widget area, by the Custom Per Widget area in a specific page, you have to go to THAT page Editing page.

Once you open the editing page of the page in question, you go to Xtreme 4 options for this page > Content TAB > Widget Area Replacement, and you select your custom Widget area in the Footer Widget Area Drop down list

merlojh
    Participant

When I go to Xtreme 4 options for this page > Content TAB > Widget Area Replacement I do not see what you mentioned do I go to Post Blog/Archive Options? I do not see a Content TAB maybe I am missing something? What I see is below am I in the right place? I am on this page https://www.theorganicwinecompany.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=8498&action=edit

I guess I just do not understand or do not see what you are talking about John
    <ul id=”tab-container-post-nav” class=”yetiisub”>
    <li class=””>Post Blog/Archive Options
    <li class=”activeli”>Post Single Page Options
    <li class=””>Misc Options
    <li class=””>Page Builders
    <li class=””>Xtreme Plus

scrambler

The page

https://www.theorganicwinecompany.com/dining-out-market/pairing-wine-with-takeout-mexican-food/

Is a single post page.

You need to go to that post editing page, and for post editing page, the widget area replacement is in the “post Single page Options” TAB

There you select your custom widget area in the Footer widget area dropdown list

merlojh
    Participant

Sorry I still do not see custom widget area in the Footer widget area dropdown list

all I see is  Primary Sidebar Secondary Sidebar  Header Widget Area Footer Widget Area Sitewide Top Widget Area Sitewide Bottom Widget Area and when I click on those I just get a little blue box nothing happens?

Where is the Footer widget area dropdown list? So sorry I just do not see it? John

scrambler

“Sorry I still do not see custom widget area in the Footer widget area dropdown list”

Why do I have to go through this again john?

I explained ALL that in your last exact same thread on that subject. I asked you to go to that thread and reread how to create a per page custom Widget area, but clearly you did not bother doing that!

I don’t mind to help, but you could make the effort to not make me re explain something I already did just a few weeks ago.

This is what I said in your last thread on march 8th regarding doing the same for a blog page
    I edited to reflect the difference for a post page instead of blog page:

“You have three widgets in your general footer, and you want another three in your blog Single post page.

So the footer widget area needs to be different in the footer from the other pages.

So first you create a Custom Per page widget area, by going to Main options > Sidebar & Layout > Define per page widget area box at the bottom, and just put a name for it there, like blogfoooter  Then save settings

Next you go to Dashboard > Widget, and you will now see a new widget are in there called Per page area blogfooter.

In that widget area, put the same three widgets as in the footer widget area, plus the other three you wan in that page.

Next you go to the Blog Post page editing page, In the xtreme 4 Options for this page section  > Content post Single page Options TAB > Widget Area replacement > Footer widget area Drop down list, and select your blogfooter widget area there and save.

Now in that blog Single post page, the regular footer widget area will be replaced by the new one that has the 6 widgets instead of just the three”

merlojh
    Participant
    scrambler

Your link seems to be a backend link I cant see.

You need to qualify “did not work” by answering each of the questions below

1. When you go to Dashboard > Widget, do you see your custom per page widget area?
    2. If so, what is its name?
    3. What widgets are in it?
    4. When you go to one of the post editing page, what is selected in
      Xtreme 4 Options for this page section  > Post Single page Options TAB > Widget Area replacement > Footer widget area Drop down list?
    5. What is the link to that Single post page?
    merlojh
    Participant

Yes I it is called per page area blogfooter

8 widgets four form the site wide bottom widget area and four from the footer widget area

Footer Widget Area selected blogfooter

Harnessing Our Energy With Qi Gong

scrambler

The footer replacement is fine, with all your widgets, but you still have the page wide bottom widget area visible too….

You either need to empty that widget area if no longer useful, or if you still use it on some pages, you need to hide that widget area in the post editing page.

Xtreme option 4 for this page > Posr Single Page option > Hide Sitewide bottom widget area

merlojh
    Participant

Thanks so much sorry about all the questions really appreciate the help!!! John

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.