Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Best way to add a logo…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Decimus
    Participant

I have two logo related questions:

Question One

Just looking for some clarification on Logo set up as I need to update the logo for my site.  It appears there are multiple ways of doing it.  This is the site logo on left of title and description: https://www.ringwood-dogs.com/

The logo uses this image on the left of the Site Name and Title.  The logo image is:  https://www.ringwood-dogs dot com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Ringwood_Header_Lab-Logo-325×200.png

I’m about to add an updated logo to the site so wanted to confirm what the best way of doing it / the recommended way.

It took me a bit of time to refesh how the logo was orignally set up.

I can see in Apearance | Weaver Xtreme | Main Options | Header | Header Image -> that the image height is set to 200px

I can see in Apearance | Weaver Xtreme | Main Options | Header | Site Title/Tagline -> that I’ve adjusted the position to x:35.5% and y:1%

I thought the link to the header image would also be set within the Apearance | Weaver Xtreme | Main Options |….

After a bit of head scratching, searching and Googling I eventually found that my exisitng logo was set in: Apearance | Customise | Images | Header Media | Header Image and appears to be linked to this https://www.ringwood-dogs dot com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Ringwood_Header_Lab-Logo-325×200.png

Once I’ve confirmed the best way to update the site logo – I have a follow on question.

Question Two

Going forward we are looking at having slightly differnt logos for the training part of the site, the dog accessies and treats sales part of the site and  the home dog boarding part of the site – so lets say 3 diffent versions of the logo.

How would be the best way for different sections of the website to have slightly differnt logos?

many thanks

Peter

scrambler

The site custom logo image and the header image are two completely different things and they go in different places.

The header image takes a side wide position at the top of the site with various position options if you have plus.

The custom site logo image goes with the site title and tagline, it can replace the site title, and it can be added to the Menu bar

Regarding your second question, and assuming we are now speaking of the header image, each page can have a different header image. The way to do that is to select a featured image for the page in question, then use the Featured image option found in the page editing page, to replace the header image with the featured image.

Weaver
    Keymaster

There used to be a Weaver exclusive Logo option, but that has been abandonded in favor of the built-in WordPress native logo image, set in the general Options -> Site Identity menu from the customizer.

It is possible that there might be a plugin that can setup per page site logos, but I don’t know of any (because I’ve never had he need).

Decimus
    Participant

@Weaver thanks for the note – I was sure when I put the logo in first time that it was via the Weaver setup which is why I spent so much time looking for it there – to eventually find that it was located in: Apearance | Customise | Images | Header Media | Header Image

@scrambler
    I’m going to try your suggestion – regarding my second question, and assuming we are now speaking of the header image,

I’ve set have a test page: https://www.ringwood-dogs.com/testing/

I’ve set a featue image – I cannot see where you now change the options of the feaure image  to “replace the header image with the featured image.”  Could you please expand for me.

many thanks

Peter

Weaver
    Keymaster

That is usually done in the per page/post settings from the classic/block editor on the option settings at the bottom on the Layout tab.

scrambler

Page editing page, set a featured image at the bottom of the right column.

Once a featured image shows up there, in Xtreme Options for this page > Layout tab > Featured image > How top display featured image drop down list > Header image replacement

Decimus
    Participant

@scrambler thanks for the detailed instruction which I have followed.

The existing header image is a 325×200 transparent logo:
    https://www.ringwood-dogs dot com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Ringwood_Header_Lab-Logo-325×200.png

I just made up a dummy logo and made it the same size:
    https://www.ringwood-dogs dot com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/UKDogCharter_325x200.png

I followed you instructons it does set it as a header image but it does not follow the existing logo even though its the same size. it centres it and streches it

This would have been so cool if it worked.

Looks like I am going to have to revert to a plugin like WPDisplay or similar

Here is my test page: https://www.ringwood-dogs dot com/testing/

Many thansk

scrambler

be a little patient, it does work if you use the right options.

scrambler

In Main option > Header > HEader image, make sure you select “Use actual Image width”

Decimus
    Participant

ummm it would be great if that works…. Have done but not seeing any change

scrambler
    Decimus
    Participant

yes its is a blury image – I mocked something up very quickly = the important thingk was to have a logo the same as the existing one to make sure it was postioned correctly.

scrambler

And when I go to your site its is at the top left with the size I posted, or are you seeing something else?

If you are still seeing the previously stretched image, then you have a cache issue, clear them all

Decimus
    Participant

I’ve just cleared the cache on SiteGround and my local browser cache and it works on a laptop…. BUT not on a phone (where page gets resized to a phone screen.

I played with removing the “Use actual Image width” but that stretches it to full size.  For the test I made my testing (blurry) logo the same size as the actual logo used as a header image: 325×200 in size

With the main logo which is a header image, the logo resizes when the screen resizes.  If I have full screen on a laptop with “Use actual Image width” it looks great.  If I resize the browser window as I make it smaller the logo remains the same size and does not scale like the manin logo as we are Keeping the feature image Header image the actual size.  Is ther a way around this?  If not looks as If I’ll need to look at the plugion options

Many thanks.

Peter

Decimus
    Participant

Ummm scratching head – my pref would be not to use a plugin!

Existing header image which is  a logo (325×200) works well and as page is resized so logo resizes with page.  Just as I want it.

Using the feature image as header on Weaver looks great once you are viewing a full size page. As you resize the image remains the same size (as thagts what we ticked)

I’ve just loaded the plugin “Unique headers” and it appears to work just like weaver  – as the page is resized the image stays the same size

The other plugin that gets lots of comments is WP DIsplay Header but that does not apear to have been updated for some time…

My testing page using weaver options is on /testing/

My testing page using uniqueheaders is on /testing2/

Here is an example image:

https://www.ringwood-dogs dot com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/RD_example-Header.jpg

Decimus
    Participant

Been playing

It looks as if the setting in Weaver for header image impact the plugin Utlimate Header too.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.