Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme banner

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    merlojh
    Participant

On this website http://merlodesign.com the banner is html and I would like no banner on contact page or a different banner is there a way to do that? John

scrambler

If you are talking about HTML added to the Pre Wrapper HTML Insertion area, yes you can have a different one on a specific  page.

Now there may be a small bug that I will inquire, but in the mean time, you can do the following.

Hide the Container of your HTML on the contact page with the rule below

.page-id-5 #inject_prewrapper .mastheader {display:none;}

Next add a different HTML in the prewrapper area of the contact page using a custom field named prewrapper, by following the procedure in the article below.

https://guide.weavertheme.com/custom-fields-on-pages-and-posts-what-to-use-them-for-and-how-to-use-them/

@weaver, I have a question for you.

I noticed that if you have content in one of the site HTML Insertion area, then put a different content in the same Insertion area of a specific page using the page custom field, that page ends up having both content in the insertion area.

When using a page custom field to insert content in an HTML Insertion area, shouldn’t that Replace the global insertion area content instead of adding to it?

merlojh
    Participant

Not sure I understand your question (I have a question for you)? But I was able to hide the banner on Contact page. Thanks John

scrambler

The question is for weaver about a possible bug

Private Reply
    Weaver
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    scrambler

That is not good, I am getting yours …

May be turn notifications off, then back on…

Any feedback on the possible bug I mentioned above?

merlojh
    Participant

Question I got the banner removed from the contact page but not sure if I understand how to put a different banner lets say on the Portfolio page either an image or html? Thanks John

Not sure what you mean?

@weaver, I have a question for you.

I noticed that if you have content in one of the site HTML Insertion area, then put a different content in the same Insertion area of a specific page using the page custom field, that page ends up having both content in the insertion area.

When using a page custom field to insert content in an HTML Insertion area, shouldn’t that Replace the global insertion area content instead of adding to it?

Weaver
    Keymaster

The insert html content areas are have always inserted the global definition, plus any per page content after the global content.

It was apparently designed to work that way, and certainly can’t be changed now.

I guess one could argue that the per page content overrides the global content, but I guess when I first designed it, I made the per page be added to the global.

Private Reply
    Weaver
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    merlojh
    Participant

Still not clear on how to add a different header to another page. I did not want a header at all on my contact page but would like a different header on portfolio page. Did not quite understand how this was done. Thanks John

scrambler

I told you how to hide the global one on the page of your choice, and pointed you to the hide article that explains how to add an HTML insertion area only on a specific page using a custom field, so you could put a different content in your prewrapper area in that specific page.

If you do not understand how to add a specific prewrapper area content on your page following the tutorial, you need to be specific about what it is you have a problem with

merlojh
    Participant

I removed the header on my portfolio page and tried adding the original html form the home page to a custom field no luck header does not show up. What I want is the same html header on portfolio page but with different text not sure if that is possible? John

scrambler

Describe what you did to add the HTML to the page prewrapper custom field.

In the page editing page custom field section, do you see a custom field called prewrapper with the HTML in the box next to it?

Provide a screen grab of the page editing page custom field area as well as a link to that page

merlojh
    Participant

I went to where it says Custom Fields > Add New Custom Field: then a two boxes one says Name and the other Value I do not see anything that says prewrapper? I am on the page I want to edit. John

scrambler

Have you read the Guide article I referenced to earlier?

https://guide.weavertheme.com/custom-fields-on-pages-and-posts-what-to-use-them-for-and-how-to-use-them/

It describes step by step how to add a new custom field for the area of your choice.

In your case, the one you want to create will be named prewrapper, so you follow the steps, and where it says “Put the name of the area you wish to use” enter prewrapper, and follow the process.

If any step is unclear, be specific.

Once all is done, your custom field section should show a custom field named prewrapper with the HTML you entered in the value box

merlojh
    Participant

I think I am not really understanding how this is done. I made a Custom field called Prewrapper and put the HTML in the box to the right (value) saved it but nothing happened? I wanted a different banner on this page so I just changed the text so the banner would have different content not sure I am being clear?

<center><header class=”mastheader2 text-center text-white”>

<h1 class=”headtext2″>Portfolio</h1>

</header></center>

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.