Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme banner area

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    merlojh
    Participant

On this website https://www.danedwardsinvestments.com/ is there a way to put the Dan Edward Investments on the left and the Schedule an Appointment on the right in banner area Thanks John

scrambler

You created the HTML with two divs so you can simply float the first one left and float the second right using inline style

div style=”float:left;” ….

merlojh
    Participant

That worked but how do I make them line up and have Dan Edwards Investments float a little more to the left? John

scrambler

Your float:left is messed up because you probably copy pasted the HTML which changes the double quotes to bad ones

Retype it with clean double quotes

merlojh
    Participant

Got that but how do I align them better the name is two high and they are almost to far apart can that be done? Johm

scrambler

No you did not, or you did not clear your caches.

Your HTML is still bad (see below)

<div class="toptext;" style="”float:left;”">Dan Edwards Investments</div>
     This is likely because your double quotes are wrong so the browser adds the proper ones around it making the CSS invalid
    retype the whole thing and clear your caches
    Once the HTML is correct, you need to clarify what relative positioning you want.
    Do you want them next to each other, because if so then they should just be in the same div
    Or do you want one on the left side of the browser and one on the right side, just with more space on the edge, in which case you can add left /right padding to the style tag of each div to do that.
    merlojh
    Participant

I don’t see any mistakes but the text Dan Edwards Investments has just gone?

Dan Edwards Investments
    scrambler

You are making this HTML worse every time…

It now looks like below with the bad double quotes highlighted in yellow and other mess in blue

<div class="toptext;" style="float:left;”>Dan Edwards Investments</div><div style=" float:right;"=""><a class="button" href="https://www.danedwardsinvestments.com/contact/">Schedule an appointment</a></div>

I told you the problem was the Double quote and that you had to remove the quotes and retype them

The proper HTML would be

<div class="toptext" style="float:left;">Dan Edwards Investments</div>
    <div style="float:right;"><a class="button" href="https://www.danedwardsinvestments.com/contact/">Schedule an appointment</a></div>

Beware copy pasting that usually converts the standard double quotes into asymmetrical ones which are invalid!

merlojh
    Participant

I hand typed this into the html area and it is not floating left?

scrambler

First you only typed one div with the text and not the button

Second, you placed that in the header HTML, and you have a custom CSS rule (below) that gives that area a 65% left padding…

#header-html {font-size:calc(16px + 1.5vw);top:30%;top:calc(30% – 3vw); padding-right:5%; padding-left:65%; padding-top:3%;}

merlojh
    Participant

Thanks so much that works can I move the button closer to the name to the left some? John

scrambler

Adjust the left right padding values in your CSS rule as you see fit like below for equal space on each side

#header-html {font-size:calc(16px + 1.5vw);top:30%;top:calc(30% – 3vw); padding-right:10%; padding-left:10%; padding-top:3%;}

merlojh
    Participant

Thanks for help that was hard for me to understand! Thanks John

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.