Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Baffled by Menu Styling

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dschoeff
    Participant

I’ve worked for several hours attempting to style a menu on my development site: http://okw.apps-1and1.com/. My goal is to make the menu background transparent with white text. I can get the top row transparent, but nothing I do causes the submenu items to be transparent. I also, can’t change the color of the text. I’ve worked through all of the forum topics to be found, but nothing seems to be able to overrule the behavior of the submenu items and text color. I’ve tried changing the related bg and text color attributes in the menu options on Main options/Menus for both Primary and Secondary menus. Still no dice. Any help or links would be appreciated. I’m using Weaver XTreme with the Xtreme Plus plugin.

The menu is injected into the preheader using the following shortcode: [extra_menu menu_name='SITEMENU' menu_style='menu_primary' menu_type='standard' class='site_nav']
    scrambler

did you try typing the word transparent in Main Options > Menus > Sub Menu BG box?

If you did and it produced no results, then the question is do other colors produce a result, are other options not working?

Because if some options work and some don’t, you may have some bad CSS somewhere in a CSS+ box or the Theme Custom CSS Rule box that is breaking your CSS file.

If no options are working, then you may have an installation problem.

dschoeff
    Participant

Thanks for your troubleshooting suggestions, Scrambler. Nothing I did in the secondary menu dialogues seemed to matter. I tried using the x-menu widget rather than the shortcode, and it styled up exactly like the secondary menu options dictated. Then I tried injecting the shortcode with the same options as the widget. The shortcode version started working just like the widget. Here’s the shortcode: [extra_menu menu_name='SITEMENU' menu_style='secondary' menu_type='standard']. I think the whole problem was the menu_style attribute. I’d copied it from another post.

Thanks again.
    scrambler

Sorry I missed that, you did have the wrong syntax on your menu style attribute, choices are primary, secondary and extra, not menu_primary

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.