Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Backup and Restore to a file fail with ‘Unserialize failed’

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    elrond532000
    Participant

I have never managed to download my current settings to a file, and restore them succesfuly.  I have in the past tried to download the settings in one site, and restore them in another site to act as a starting point to develop a new site.

Today I tried to download the settings, and then restore the settings into the same site. I still receive  the ‘Unserialize failed’ message.

This occurs with both the wxt and wxb fextensions.  I am running Version 5.0.7 of the theme

scrambler

@weaver would have to comment

Have you tried different browsers, and different OS (windows, mac)?

elrond532000
    Participant

Different browsers, yes. Not different operating systems, this is an apple free household.   I really can’t see how the browser would be relevant, the files downloaded look like text files.   I have had this issue for years, but never gotten around to report it.

elrond532000
    Participant

Is there any way I can progress this issue?

May I send you the file which is produced by the backup?

I am in the process of creating a number of sites and want to take the basic site design across several sites without manually applying the changes I made to the template.

scrambler

Only @weaver can help.

If he does not answer here, you can try the contact form on the weaver site.

Contact – Weaver Xtreme Theme (weavertheme.com)

But also try different computers, sometimes addons in a browser can screw things up

Weaver
    Keymaster

I really don’t have much to say on this as we’ve not really gotten any other feedback on this issue from others.

I find saving files to a computer and upoading them on a different on works as expected.

scrambler

@weaver, any idea where the error message comes from?

@elrond532000
    post the setting file somewhere where we can download it, at least we can try and see if we can use it.

That should tell us if the file itself is corrupted, or if your installation cant read it

Weaver
    Keymaster

Unseralizing is the process of converting the text of the saved settings back to a PHP data structure. It can come from trying to hand edit a .wxt settings file.

scrambler

Could it be then that when downloading the file and saving it locally, something is altering its format?

@weaver
    , What text encoding is it supposed to use

ANSI, UTF-8, UCS-2…

Because if the encoding is being altered, a utility like Notepad ++ could reencode the file properly

elrond532000
    Participant

I have found the issue, and it is of my making.  I run a Weaver Xtreme as a child theme to bring in some php subroutines which are written into  functions.php I want to call from Weaver.

It appears the backup is putting in blank lines at the beginning of the backup file. Deleting these lines, and the retore of the file works.  If I change to the Weaver Xtreme theme, instead of the child theme , then the backup works.

I have corrected my functions.php and removed the blank lines.

Sorry

scrambler

Glad you figured it out, thanks for reporting back.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.