Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Backend fonts appear gigantic

Topic Resolution: Answered
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Answered
    gbcc_Gha
    Participant

Hello!

All of a sudden, all backend Fonds / elements appear gigantic. Especially when columns are involved. Example see this document: https://www.gbcc.eu/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/FireShot-Capture-183-Seite-bearbeiten-‹-Ghaffari-Business-Coaching-Consulting-—-WordPres_-www.gbcc_.eu_.png

Zooming out won’t help as the overall scale and appearance remains the same

Any ideas why and how to solve it?

Cheers,

scrambler

It seems the fonts is oversized.

What does the front end look like for the same page, are the font normal on the front end or also oversized?

Try deactivating all non weaver plugin, in case one is interfering. if it fixes it, reactivate one by one

gbcc_Gha
    Participant

The front end looks normal. I’ll try. Thank you.

gbcc_Gha
    Participant

I found out: The problem is caused by DigiMember Plugin. I’m currently working with their support. In addition to this problem though, I am currently working on another major issue between the two Plugins WPML and LearnDash together with their support teams. Following their suggestion, I set up a staging website and it seems to be the case that all these problems are related to the theme Weaver Xtreme! When I change the theme of the staging website (I chose Astra), then all these issues cease to exist. What would you suggest I should do?

scrambler

If there is an interference with theme, the best people to diagnose what it is are the plugin developers as they are the one who know how their plugin work, and therefore what causes the issue.

Once we know that we can work with Weaver to see if the issue is an actual problem with the theme, or a problem with the plugin that is triggered by the theme and therefore decide who needs to fix what.

In parallel, you can also post a link to the site with the issue here, and describe precisely what the issue is, so we can have a look.

gbcc_Gha
    Participant

Regarding the font size, their support made me aware of that even on pages where their codes are not embedded, the font sizes look quite messy. See this example, all fonts have the same size, yet in columns they appear big, in lists small. Do you an idea what causes this and how to solve it?

https://www.gbcc.eu/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/211222-Screenshot-032.png

Weaver
    Keymaster

It is really impossible for us to diagnose anything with screenshots. Must have access to a live site or staging site.

scrambler

As I said before you need to be clear of whether the problem is ONLY on the backend, but the public site looks fine, or if the font looks abnormally big in the back and ALSO in the public site.

If the problem appears in the public site, we need a link to the Actual site page!

gbcc_Gha
    Participant

Re. “Must have access to a live site or staging site”: Yes, of course. I’m happy to set up an admin account for you. Which email address can I use for it? And is there a secure line for providing you with the WordPress access details or is it sufficient to “Set as Private Reply” ?

Scrambler, apparently, the problem is ONLY on the backend.

scrambler

Trying to make sure I follow and clarify…

If this is only on the back end, then it is likely a plugin interaction issue.

In your previous post you said you had found which plugin(s) caused the issue, if so, what did the plugin developers found out?

As for the access to a live site, the request was in case the issue showed up in the public site, and the request was for the Public site link.

If the problem is on the back end, then an admin account could help if @weaver who is the developer agreed to investigate the back end. This is up to him

Private Reply
    Weaver
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Private Reply
    Weaver
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Best Answer
    Weaver
    Keymaster

This reply has been accepted as the best answer.

This turns out to be a Weaver Xtreme issue involving the user setting a higher base font size (22 instead of 16). The calculations to set the size for the Block Editor were not generating the right CSS. Seems to look good now, although the font size stuff in the Classic editor may not reflect the exact size when the base font size is changed – will just one size.

This fix will be in Weaver Xtreme V5 which I plan to release on December 26 or 27.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.