Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Apple-Touch-Icon

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    hkp
    Participant

Hi Folks,

It seems that the option for adding an “apple-touch-icon” has been removed from Xtreme sometime recently.

As I recall, the option was located next to the favicon settings.

Should I manually install the old icon path, or is this all redundant and deprecated?

Regards and thanks,

Angus

scrambler

@weaver will have to comment

Weaver
    Keymaster

There have been no changes to any of the icons available natively in Weaver Xtreme, Theme Support, or Plus in a long time.

Due to a skiing accident, I’m currently unable to physically work at my development desk, so I can’t see if there is an icon labelled apple-touch-icon included.

hkp
    Participant

@weaver

Thanks.  I pray you recover soon.

In the meantime, this is not urgent.

Back in the days of iPad 1/2 I added an Apple-Touch-Icon to Weaver2 and had forgotten about it since, then I also then stopped using Apple devices so can’t test it for myself.

However, last week during a site check, it recommended to add a Apple-Touch-Icon.  That was only when I discovered that the option had been removed from where it used to be located, and since it had been removed, I wondered if it was removed because it was no longer needed.

I know you keep Weaver Xtreme up to date, so I trust you far more than any of the check-sites out there, for advice on what is actually needed and what is not.

Again, no rush on this  🙂

scrambler

You may have added the Icon yourself and forgot that you did.

Here is a guide article on how to do that

Social Buttons: Icon replacement or addition – Weaver Xtreme Guide (weavertheme.com)

hkp
    Participant

@scrambler

My previous reply was blocked.

Did you receive it?

scrambler

no

hkp
    Participant

@scrambler

Thank you.

Sorry, 6th attempt here.  I’ve been getting a 403 Error from your site: “A potentially unsafe operation has been detected in your request to this site.” and am blocked.

Yes I added the Icon image, but not the Apple-Touch-Icon option as it was a standard option on Weaver-ii as evidenced by a ‘weaver-ii-backup-settings.w2b’ file dated 18/05/2016.

Please see a screen capture of the relevant part of the w2b settings file:

https://www.hiskingdomprophecy.com/wp-content/uploads/2032/01/Apple-Touch-Icon.png

My question is not how to add an Apple-Touch-Icon, but if it is still needed for Weaver Xtreme?

Various check sites still currently recommend we install an Apple-Touch-Icon, but I have no Apple devices, so cannot test for its efficacy. (The 2016 HKP.png URL is still there and available.)

In 2016 my Apple-Touch-Icon was working in Weaver-ii, but not now.

Perhaps my “wii_apple_touch_icon_url” did not migrate when I upgraded from weaver-ii to Xtreme, I don’t know, or it is not supported by the Weaver Xtreme Theme Support, I don’t know, or it is not now needed by Apple, I don’t know.

Therefore, since I cannot find any documentation or options for an Apple-Touch-Icon in my current Xtreme settings, I seek your advice.

Weaver
    Keymaster

I looked into this a little bit, and I’m fairly sure this is a non-issue since WP added its “official” site logo option. If I understand what I’ve read, WP auto generates the code needed to make that logo used as the apple touch icon.

That would explain why any specific apple touch cion option was removed from Weaver II.

hkp
    Participant

@Weaver

Thank you very much.

That answers my question in a very clear and concise manner  and I now know how to proceed.

In all my hours of searching for information on this, it seems all I have been getting elsewhere were rehashes for out-of-date information, rather than useful information about changed.

Much appreciated!

Regards and thanks,
    Angus

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.